Law Colorado Baker (apparently the only one) back in court.

The case was tossed because they discriminated in their handling of the previous case. The case was not tossed due to anything about CO law. CO still has to uphold the law. This persecution shit from you puts you in the low IQ seats on this one. Get with the braining.
But why are the LGBT crowd only going to this one bakery? Are you telling me there are not others in that entire state?

100%.

If I were him I'd close down all custom ordering. I make this, this, and this; feel free to choose from any of our delicious baked goods.

This is the case for all German-style bakeries in my area. It's the Italian bakeries that do most if not all of the custom baking.

And, as far as delicious baked goods go:

German >>>> Italian >>>> French

I wouldn't be surprised if this is who it goes.

Unless a customer requested that the words "I, Jack Phillips, do hereby renounce Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior" be written in frosting on the cake top, this guy needs to suck it up and serve his patrons. He chose to get into the capitalist cake making business and he needs to make fucking cakes for every paying customer who walks through his fucking door.

People who own business should have the right to refusal.

Why does the right and Trumplings love allowing business to discriminate?
Why does the left like forcing Christians to take part in things they don't believe in? Because making a cake is participating in the marriage and they clearly don't want to participate. Also right of refusal is a thing.

You're allowed to refuse service for any number of reasons but not against a protected class, that's the crux of the issue because in Colorado sexual orientation is a protected class. And the previous court decision did not hold that the baker had the right to refuse the cake requested by the gay couple, they merely determined that the state acted with prejudice and therefore ruled in favor of the baker. So the matter isn't settled yet.
But why should protected classes be exempt?

I’ve never encountered a man in real life who says “Muzzie” instead of Muslim. I always wonder where these guys are from.
I got warned by a mod a long time ago for using that term. Dumbasses shouldn't use it if they value posting here. I am tempted to report any post with that word in it just to see people get warned like I did.

This is a big reason Trump got elected. Christians want religious freedom. With Obama and Hillary judges, this baker would lose everything (his business, source of income). With Trump judges, he's probably gonna win back his freedom.
All of those Trump Christian values!

People who own business should have the right to refusal.

People doing business in a community will have such rights as the members of that community determine.

Don't like it? Don't start a business. There will be 100 people behind you in line chomping at the bit to become their own boss and meet that demand.

People doing business in a community will have such rights as the members of that community determine.

Don't like it? Don't start a business. There will be 100 people behind you in line chomping at the bit to become their own boss and meet that demand.
If that is the case, why didn't they use all the other bakeries? Why keep going to the same one?

But why are the LGBT crowd only going to this one bakery? Are you telling me there are not others in that entire state?
Irrelevant to whether the bakery has to obey the law.

Sounds like the Baker is just a little bitch.

If you get into the business of serving people food, you serve everyone not the ones that fit your description bitch ass Baker.

He does serve anyone. There isn't a sign saying no gays allowed, he wont tell them to leave, he wont refuse to sell them his regular wares. He just won't make specialty items that go against his own beliefs.

And honestly, it seems to me that this is blatant targeting. They had to have known he wouldn't do it, so why go to him unless you are purposefully trying to get him in trouble. If it can be proven they did it on purpose, it may qualify as entrapment. Not sure how that law works in Colorado though, if it does at all.

Irrelevant to whether the bakery has to obey the law.

The whole point of this is to determine whether the State of Colorado is acting lawfully in targeting Jack Phillips. It is not clear at all whether the state's actions are lawful

That isn't my point. My point was that that there is a market if you are a businessman, your goal is to make money. This guy was ordered a pink and blue cake. There were no dicks or offensive language. Just a pink and blue cake.

This idea though that businesses should be allowed to restrict services is bullshit. There isn't a single business in the u.s. that doesn't benefit from tax payer money directly or indirectly. Not one. You want to discriminate against people who are supporting your business with tax money and public resources, go to some 3rd world utopia where no one will tell you what to do.

Sure and you can make that argument about private citizens as well. Based on that logic why should anyone be allowed to discriminate? Tax money goes to building roads and police that benefit everyone. Based on that logic should it be illegal to not allow someone into my house based upon their political and sexual beliefs?

If that is the case, why didn't they use all the other bakeries? Why keep going to the same one?

A community writes the laws within which the individual, business owning members of the community operate.

The whole point of this is to determine whether the State of Colorado is acting lawfully in targeting Jack Phillips. It is not clear at all whether the state's actions are lawful
It's not clear what the end result in court will be, but the state certainly has grounds to go after him because he's discriminating in public and the law stands. Maybe he gets off in the end, but he has to either obey or fight in court. I mean come on, as a lawyer you obviously understand this but for some reason you act like you have amnesia when you disagree with something.

Sounds like the Baker is just a little bitch.

If you get into the business of serving people food, you serve everyone not the ones that fit your description bitch ass Baker.
He's served everyone in the past. His reason for refusing to make the two cakes in question is because he's opposed to the celebration of those two acts on moral/religious grounds. So where's that leave us? Should people be forced to contribute to things/events they oppose? Where does the right to services start, and where does it end?

Why does the left like forcing Christians to take part in things they don't believe in? Because making a cake is participating in the marriage and they clearly don't want to participate. Also right of refusal is a thing.
Why do Christians promulgate religious tyranny by forcing nonbelievers to abide by their doctrine?

Back