College vs. trade school/vocational school

has anyone gone to ITT or Devry? I was thinking about taking a software program at either place.

Those vocational schools are a ripoff because it's the same as college except you're paying alot more because there are no standards for entrance, they only care that you have money to pay. If you're applying for a job against someone from a normal university, they will be looked at in higher regard than someone with vocational school background because it's deemed inferior. But like anything it really depends on what you studied if you studied some bullshit bachelor arts degree it better be from a good school or you will have a hard time finding work any where, at least you have the credentials of your school to bail you out. I assume you're talking about Devry or ITT Tech.

Yes I am.Devry,ITT tech,they are bad imo.My buddy went to ITT,finished school.No job,shitload of debt.Im glad there's websites like ripoffreport to get consumer feedback.I studied a bullshit major and regretted it.Glad I didn't go the four year route and got tired of school.however I wised up and took a vocational course.
State County programs and vocat. programs at the college were pretty good.I'd chose them over itt and other schools.

I live in Charlotte, North Carolina and I was wondering would it be better to just leave Devry and attend UNC? I'm gonna check out that site lion paw posted to see if anyone who used the GI Bill still had to pay back money to Devry.

This

I've done both and I can say for sure I liked the trade route much more. My pay is better now and I enjoy what I'm doing for a living. Made a lot of good friends and connections only drawback is way fewer chicks in trades. I have met a couple of really hot women that were picking up welding(sadly not my trade) but that's about it.

What trade you do?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back