Cold showers

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Started with then, they suck at the beggining but you get used to it after you have all your body wet, it gives you a great felling after i don't fell tired during the day anymore my mood is all the same.

But by far the biggest stuff that im a fan of is how much it stops sweat, i don't sweat at all even in the hot sun.

Ive been taking lukewarm showers and that's been doing me good lately.

I have a magical 50 gallon tank in my garage. It's hooked to a water line, a gas line, has an exhaust vent going through the roof and a water line going into the house. I use that motherfucker every time wet any body part.

Fuck that. I don't care about all that "strengthens your immune system" crap either.

A nice hot shower is sometimes the only relaxing time of my day, I'm not gonna ruin it by needlessly making myself suffer.
Meh its not as bad as people make it out to be ( thats me though and i hate the heat and i already live in a very hot place of the world ) it only schocks you when you enter in the water for the first time, but after all your body is wet is quite enjoyable. Probably sucks more to do so if you live in a cold place though

Fuck that. I don't care about all that "strengthens your immune system" crap either.

A nice hot shower is sometimes the only relaxing time of my day, I'm not gonna ruin it by needlessly making myself suffer.

Seriously that's my relax time. Nice and hot. My wife hates it cause she can't take it being that hot so I can't shower with her. Her showers are to cold for me.

Meh its not as bad as people make it out to be ( thats me though and i hate the heat and i already live in a very hot place of the world ) it only schocks you when you enter in the water for the first time, but after all your body is wet is quite enjoyable. Probably sucks more to do so if you live in a cold place though

I do, and often a hot shower is the only thing that can warm me up and the heat I absorb sustain me for the whole day.

I hope that makes sense.

I do them when I'm all turgid and boned up.

I enjoy it, and find it addictive, best way to start the day.. I start with a hot shower, do all the cleaning stuff, then BOOM ice Cold for 2.30-3.00 minutes and 30-60 squats.. Feel like fucking head butting windows after.

I do, and often a hot shower is the only thing that can warm me up and the heat I absorb sustain me for the whole day.

I hope that makes sense.
Well i can underatand that, i live in place that is 30c+ most of the year so cold showers are actually not that bad as it sounds when you take into account that on the other hand there is gonna be a massive heat wave going in to your head as soon as you leave home

I don't buy any of the snake oil most people peddle about cold showers.

However, one thing that cannot be denied is that it is healthier for your skin. Doesn't have to be 'cold', just not hot. Though hot showers feel amazing, they're just strictly worse for your skin health. Most people don't care and are willing to make the trade, but if you do, there's an honest reason to make the switch.

I enjoy it, and find it addictive, best way to start the day.. I start with a hot shower, do all the cleaning stuff, then BOOM ice Cold for 2.30-3.00 minutes and 30-60 squats.. Feel like fucking head butting windows after.

Makes me more impressed that you live in england and is able to do so, if its 20c outside of my home i ll be shitting my pants afraid of going into cold water

I can remember being too broke to afford heating oil, cold showers no heat in january/February, it was torture. I’ll take a cold shower after a hot weather workout when I’m burning up, and I appreciate how quickly it brings my temp down, but most of the year where I live it’s not something I’d ever want to do.

Makes me more impressed that you live in england and is able to do so, if its 20c outside of my home i ll be shitting my pants afraid of going into cold water
I started last March-April time, fucking can't believe i've almost been doing it for a year, I was weary of what the Winter Cold Showers would be like, and to be honest I have been taking them less frequently than usual, mostly due to having no consistent sleeping pattern, doesn't feel worth it if i'm gone wake up in the dark and not leave the flat sometimes.

I totally endorse the positive shit it does though, helps you focus on your breathing, and gain an appreciation for the cold in general.. Sounds like hippy shit but it's helped me find appreciation in other things like Meditation, Breathing Techniques and Yoga too after years of scepticism and frustration towards those things.

I am planning on making an Ice Bath at home to see how that goes, and also really want to head out to a waterfall soon and try and sit under it for as long as possible.

Wim Hof is a sick dude imo... FOOLY IN! FOOLY OUT!
mGMLrM.gif

I prefer hot showers, but my five year old son takes cold baths. It’s fucking bizarre but even what I would consider “warm” baths he complains about being too hot.

It's 10 below zero in sunny Minnesota, if I take a cold shower I might not feel warmth at all that day.

It depends on how cold. I forgot to pay my gas bill once, and had to take cold showers for a month when the outside temperature was below freezing. You don't get used to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back