Colby's best win is a past-his-prime Damien Maia.

Sauk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's sad what little we expect from UFC fighters these days. Guys who really haven't accomplished much get hype. The idea that we need to care about this man-child's sleazy life is utterly meaningless to the fight game.

Perhaps it's because I'm 38 and feel these younger fans today have lower standards, but the UFC needs more men with the mentality and hunger of Lyoto, Shogun and less Conor and Colby.

I don't like Colby

But the way he dominates people is pretty legit

This is hard to argue. Maia IS indeed his best win, and he WAS indeed past his prime. *shrugs*

Just ignore the hype.

He is going to fight more legit contenders now.

His next fights will show what we can expect from him.

Edit: Also I need to add Maia is defeinitely legit. But he is indeed old, just lost to the champ which is probably a big hit for his motivation and he happens to be a good match up for Colby. Tougher tests are ahead of him.

Last edited:
to be fair maia was #1 contender one fight before

Maia is still very game. Colby has some legit skills.

Maia is a sitting duck after one round of being forced to strike

Hadn’t Maia just fought for the belt? I’m guessing that it’s still an impressive win even if Maia is past it. Seeing as past it Maia still fought for the title

I’m a big Maia fan, and yeah he’s technically past his prime. But he’s still a guy who scared Woodley away from engaging him, just like he did to Anderson all those years ago.

I hated to see it but I was very impressed with Colby’s win.

I don’t follow or care about the outside Twitter drama for teens though. I’m an old man like you TS.

It's sad what little we expect from UFC fighters these days. Guys who really haven't accomplished much get hype. The idea that we need to care about this man-child's sleazy life is utterly meaningless to the fight game.

Perhaps it's because I'm 38 and feel these younger fans today have lower standards, but the UFC needs more men with the mentality and hunger of Lyoto, Shogun and less Conor and Colby.
Wasn't Woodley last fight against maia, Woodley record looks like shit. I see why he ducking fighterso, trying get big pay day before someone like RDA, colby, usman beat him.

Maia was recently on a roll and fought for the title and he's past his prime and not a good win anymore.
Fedor beats an old washed up Frank Mir who was passed his prime 7 years prior and it's a good win.
Ok there sherdog.....

Maia: a great test for Usman, but a joke of a win against Colby.

Am I getting the Sherdog illogic right?

Not many 170ers have a better record in the UFC. The hate sounds kind of lame when you consider he is on a 5 fight win streak and is 8 -1 in the UFC.
upload_2018-5-5_16-16-44.png

Back