Colby is to small to ever beat Usman and non-competitive

Colby gave Usman arguably his toughest fight in the UFC. Usman has improved, but we haven't seen enough of Colby to determine how much he has improved or not. The first fight was close up until the TKO. I wish Colby would have had one more fight, but it's a good rematch to make.
I’m honestly rooting for Colby in a rematch, but Usman has only gotten better and more powerful since their first fight. Colby has no power and I don’t think he’s strong enough to meaningfully challenge Usman in the wrestling department. I see Usman wrecking Colby way worse this time.. i hope I’m wrong ofcourse

can someone explain why colby feels he's so entitled to a rematch?
Probably has something to do with the fact that Dana has insisted he's getting it, Mas got an immediate one after a much more lackluster performance, and we have Usman faking an eye poke and groin shot from their first fight on camera.

Why are Usman fans or Colby haters in such denial that the first fight was close and they are pretty evenly matched? Usman has smoked everyone else and Colby went blow for blow with him.

If it's such a mismatch I would think you would want to see it again to see someone you dont like get beat up if it's such a for sure thing.
This thread is actually a compliment to Colby Covington. He was at disadvantage and still gave a good fight. Unfortunately, Usman is bigger, stronger and has more gas tank for 5 rounds.

What are you talking about? I agree that he's unlikely to beat Usman, size being one of the reasons why. But he's also shown that he's likely the guy who has the best chance of winning against Usman.

But... what so you mean he got out paced and out cardiod? That literally didn't happen. Colby threw more strikes than Usman and didn't show any signs of being tired, at least not anymore than Usman did. Colby was pushing the pace more than Usman was, and my takeaway from the fight was that Colby has better cardio (albeit probably not that much better) whereas Usman has much more power behind his shots. I think in the future, it's that power that will be the difference, just like in the first fight, but Colby didn't get beat in regards to pace or cardio.

I'm also not sure what's going on with Usman, but he's looked to be getting tired faster in his last couple of fights. He didn't look as fresh as he often does by the end of the Burns fight or the second fight with Jorge.

He literally didn’t go blow for blow with him. He got knocked out.

Remind us who is in denial again?
?? They basically had a kickboxing match where the judges had it even going into the 5th and iirc one judge had it 3-1 Colby. If that's not going toe to toe or blow for blow, we need you to rewrite the definition of this particular phrase.

Colby is pretty good but he has a glaring flaw in that his striking really lacks power. His technique is pretty mediocre and he lacks explosiveness in his punches especially. Since it lacks power, there is no reason for Usman to respect him standing. That's why he won the first fight, he can take one to give one and it'll be Colby who gets hurt.

I picked Usman the first time. I'll pick him the next time. I'd pick him pretty much any time they fight.

That said, Colby was right with Usman on the scorecards.

Which proves this thread's point false.

Good day.

Since we're being "literal" here, when was Convington "knocked out"? It officially was a "TKO" and at NO time was Convington ever out during the fight. It could be argued that it was a bit of an early stoppage, but I digress. He "literally" was NOT "knocked out".

It was a very close fight until he got knocked out. Certainly not domination but I’d say Usman would KO him again

Give Colby 50% more punching power or 10 lbs more lean mass (without hurting his cardio, striking or other fighting skills) and he'd be a favorite against Usman.

Since neither of those things are likely, Usman is the rightful favorite though Colby certainly has a chance at winning via decision.

Dudes act like Usman is some huge dude. He walks around 190's @ 6ft. 170lb is a good weight class for him. Dudes claimed GSP was huge back in the day, I've seen him during this prime in person he was maybe 185lb soaking wet and thats being generous.

He has the best chance out of all contenders, however, he does not deserve it atm. If Wonderboy wins he is unquestionably next in line unless the fight gets signed before that.

Dude, Edwards is 9-0-1 NC in his last 10. Wonderboy has won his last 2.

Finishing a opponent is a close fight? <45>
...yes. he got a tko with 50 seconds left in the fight, after 5 rounds (some of which he lost), and he didnt even knock him out, many would argue it was a lame stoppage. colby got up and was running around right after. method of victory has nothing to do with whether the fight was close or not. plenty of close fights have ended with flash knockouts. a fight can end in one exchange. of course an insecure juicehead like usman wants nothing to do with that again

Back