Media Colby Covington wants to fight Charles Oliveira, says he has "better jiu-jitsu"

Colby is just looking for a headline fight. I don't think he is willing to entertain contenders.

I've been calling for this fight since Colby lost to Leon. I think it's a great fight for both but Oliveira is so much more dangerous, I think he taps Colby.

I know it doesn't make sense but I want it to happen just so I can take credit for manifesting it lol

Colby claiming to have better BJJ than Oliveira isn't even on brand for his character.
It is 100% on Brand. Its a complete bold faced lie that he knows is false but says with a straight face. I would be on board with this fight if they do it at LW. Colby needs to get ignored by everyone in and around MMA. Begs for a fight with the legit #1 contender to try and get another undeserved title shot and then begs to fight a FW/LW. All after refusing a fight with an actual WW that is primarily a striker. Best style he can hope for but since he doesn't have a size advantage to boost his EPO-style wrestle-aerobics he runs away.

Colby would get massacred here.

Colby would get massacred here.

Not picking a winner but Colby does have a good chin and obviously still decent wrestling despite clearly being on the decline. Not hard to see him possibly having success lay and praying Oliveira to a snoozer decision given how content Oliveira is to try to win off his back.

Colby thinks he will out jiujitsu Oliviera like what Matt Hughes did to Royce

Back