Colby Covington Owns Tyrone Woodley

I hate Colby but he makes a great point here.

Tyron needs to stop acting like he gets to decide who he fights next and dismissing people as potential opponents when he got one of the EASIEST roads to the belt ever.

Hieron, Shields, Kos, Condit, Rory, Dong, Gastelum. Yup. One of the easiest roads ever to a belt....

I can’t stand a lot of what comes out of Tyron’s mouth, I thought the Maia fight was not very entertaining. I personally like to see fighters try to actively look for the finish as opposed to fighting not to lose. But he’s fought a bunch of good fighters throughout his career.

Colby has faced some good fighters too, they both share a couple of opponents now, but I think Maia is the only real top level fighter he’s faced. I thought WW was deeper than that. I thought you needed 2 top level wins to get a title shot. If they can’t get Colby vs Woodley, they should just do Colby vs Wonderboy. Really only other fight that makes sense.

Colby is such a warrior. Woodley is the worst matchup any WW in history could possibly be for him and yet he still wants the fight. I think he'll stand and trade with Tyron just to prove a point just like Shields did.

Hieron, Shields, Kos, Condit, Rory, Dong, Gastelum. Yup. One of the easiest roads ever to a belt....

I can’t stand a lot of what comes out of Tyron’s mouth, I thought the Maia fight was not very entertaining. I personally like to see fighters try to actively look for the finish as opposed to fighting not to lose. But he’s fought a bunch of good fighters throughout his career.

Colby has faced some good fighters too, they both share a couple of opponents now, but I think Maia is the only real top level fighter he’s faced. I thought WW was deeper than that. I thought you needed 2 top level wins to get a title shot. If they can’t get Colby vs Woodley, they should just do Colby vs Wonderboy. Really only other fight that makes sense.

He got outclassed by Rory then beat DHK and Gastelum.

Then Hendricks pulled out and he got the shot.

Colby is such a warrior. Woodley is the worst matchup any WW in history could possibly be for him and yet he still wants the fight. I think he'll stand and trade with Tyron just to prove a point just like Shields did.
wouldn't exactly call colby a warrior, cheese maybe.

Woodley's #4 at that time was more impressive than Colby's #3 right now because the division was a lot deeper, but since the division is so shallow now it would make sense that a guy like Colby looks like he's worthy of a shot.

It's not an exciting fight either way, but based on rankings of course the #3 guy makes sense. Would rather see him not get it because he's a piece of shit, though.

Not true at all. The division is weak right now and Woodley has ended up being a formidable champion, but he was not impressive at all. His title shot came off back-to-back wins over Stun Gun and an extremely lackluster SD over Gastelum. I hate Colby, but his win over Maia easily trumps anything Woodley did to earn his title shot.

He got outclassed by Rory then beat DHK and Gastelum.

Then Hendricks pulled out and he got the shot.

Colby got subbed by Warlley Alves. Colby did more damage to Damien, but also got lit up by him. He decisioned DHK, Tyron stopped him.

Colby has 0 other top level wins in his career. Just sayin, the resume’s aren’t even close my man.

But, at this point, there’s no other real clear contenders so I’d be fine if he got the shot, as long as its on UFC 219. I am really hoping Cyborg vs Holm is not the main.

Not true at all. The division is weak right now and Woodley has ended up being a formidable champion, but he was not impressive at all. His title shot came off back-to-back wins over Stun Gun and an extremely lackluster SD over Gastelum. I hate Colby, but his win over Maia easily trumps anything Woodley did to earn his title shot.

Even with the losses, he’s faced much better comp and was in the right place at the right time kinda thing. Sorta like Colby now. Just put this on 219 and I don’t give a shit.

They should just fight at ATT and have masvidal stream it.

Colby should get the title shot. Tyron actually makes me a little sick with the shit that he says. "I wrote the book on how to beat maia" lmao like you're the first person to beat maia, Or as if you beat him in any fashion that would ever be considered impressive.

In the WW division as it stands now, Colby deserves a shot. Far more than Nate, even.
Lol, youre obviously right, but your post didnt need the "even" at tge end.

But hey, theres no more "deserves", since tgat has become subjective.

Fighter 'a' deserves a TS because win streak.

Fighter 'b' deserves cuz hes promoting the fight better

Fighter 'c' deserves a TS for beating former champ

Fighter 'd' deserves because he has more twitter followers..

Etc etc.

MMA will be replaced by "who owns who" on twitter. Stupid fans are destroying the sport.

When the GOAT speaks people go out of there minds.

Covington will be the champ deal with it.

Woodley fans really count that Condit win huh? The guy got destroyed by Nate and Rory..

Beat dhk after he threw the most retarded elbow ever and then eked out a debatable split vs a fat gastelum who failed to make weight..

Oh and then sat on his ass for over a year doing nothing

Back