• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Colby Covington doesn't want fight with Shavkat, looks to Wonderboy instead

Belah vs Edwards next while UFC should feed Colby to Shavkat but he probably wont take it. Colby wants favorable matches again to get an undeserved TS

Colby definitely doesn’t want it with Shavkat

What sucks is everyone including the UFC knows Belal is the rightful contender for the title shot, but everyone including the UFC wants Shavkat.

I say give Belal a title shot and let Shavkat get the winner, or an interim belt for shavkat.

It doesn’t help that Belal was very clearly losing against Leon until the eye poke. I know it’s unfair to judge him on so little tape but that’s all we have.

Shavkat has been making statements will all of his wins, not just getting W’s but also scoring style points. I say he deserves the next TS.

Wonderboy lmao. Please don't book that fight. UFC probably will though because they think it will get Colby back on track

Fuck that. Colby gets no cherry picking and favourable matchups. Prove you can beat someone young and a complete fighter. It's time for colby to be fed to shavkat.

I wanna se him prove that he actually wants to FIGHT. In the Usman fights he actually put himself in the line of fire to get shit done. This fight looked more like later stage career Woodley or Lawler when they were just standing around doing nothing.

Cut Belal, give Shavkat thé next shot and give Colby a wrestler.

What sucks is everyone including the UFC knows Belal is the rightful contender for the title shot, but everyone including the UFC wants Shavkat.

I say give Belal a title shot and let Shavkat get the winner, or an interim belt for shavkat.

There you go... mystery injury to Leon...

Shav and that other guy fight for interim title at 300. Unify it in Abu Dhabi later in the year.

Of course he wants that fight. Sit and watch him duck guys like Belal, Brady, Shavkat, etc.

Colby is such a bitch.
Why would he want Belal, Brady or Shavkat? He's done being a title contender, and those guys aren't big names or exciting fights. Shavkat might be a good fight, but he doesn't gain anything even if he wins and he said Shavkat should already get the next shot. Wonderboy is a bigger name who is also not going for title contention anymore and just looking for a few more fun fights, but I'd rather see Wonderboy take his against a striker, and I don't think there really are any more interesting fights for Colby unless it was Conor or another old shit talker.

You mean the guy who doesn't fight, and certainly doesn't fight contenders, wants to fight another non-contender in a desperate attempt to stay relevant with his shitty gimmick? K. Put it as the main event of a fight night or something, and it should be clear it has zero implications toward another undeserved title shot or even contender ranking.

Let's watch him beat another man coming straight from the geriatric hospital and ask for a title shot.

Works for me. Neither Colby nor Wonderboy is fighting for a title again, so might as well let them bang.

Colby calling out one of the oldest guys in the division (who doesn't trash talk) who happens to be 4-6 in his last 10 fights seems fitting. The whole "Thompson has been saying things about me" after calling the guy and his dad pedos is laughable at best.

Fake beef in order to avoid guys like Shavkat, Belal and Burns. I bet he hopes he beats a "named fighter" so he can sit out and demand another title shot.

Back