Coker wants Bader vs Jiri champ vs champ in Japan

Ryan "belt collector" Bader! Make perfect sense to have Bader look like one of the Top MMA fighters in the game. Looks good for Bellator! Prefect sense!

Thank God! Bellator and Rizin should be using this partnership to their advantage. Give fans what they want! I'd also like to see Bader fight Aliakbari. Persian takes it I think.

Thank God! Bellator and Rizin should be using this partnership to their advantage. Give fans what they want! I'd also like to see Bader fight Aliakbari. Persian takes it I think.

Amir is not a Rizin fighter anymore

Jiri is a big mother fucker and hits hard. Could be his night

They should collaborate for the New Years eve event, instead of having Rizin having 2 events like they sometimes do, they should do one Rizin event and one Bellator collaboration event.

They could rampage, fedor, barnett, jiri vs bader on the card

Be interesting to see if anyone cares in Japan or USA outside of hardcore fans.

I just wonder at what point is Viacom going to really try to build the Bellator brand or if ever. I'm sure this event will cost them a lot of money and I'm not sure how you capitalize on it. It's like everything they do is for hardcore fans. Newsflash, we are already watching and you don't need to cater to us with everything you do.

Be interesting to see if anyone cares in Japan or USA outside of hardcore fans.

I just wonder at what point is Viacom going to really try to build the Bellator brand or if ever. I'm sure this event will cost them a lot of money and I'm not sure how you capitalize on it. It's like everything they do is for hardcore fans. Newsflash, we are already watching and you don't need to cater to us with everything you do.
Viacom and Bellator are seeing record revenues from the DAZN deal, so rebuilding the brand doesnt make a lot of sense cashflow wise

Viacom and Bellator are seeing record revenues from the DAZN deal, so rebuilding the brand doesnt make a lot of sense cashflow wise
WTF? That is actually a DUMBA_ _ statement. It makes sense to build your brand to build a bigger audience, to reach more viewers. Relying on strictly DAZN for their revenue means DAZN basically controls Bellator's every move. It's like the Susan G. Komen pulling their funding from Planned Parenthood and Planned Parenthood backers went crazy because without Susan G. Komen foundation, Planned Parenthood has no money. So basically Susan G. Komen controls Planned Parenthood. Bellator needs to find a way to show a profit without DAZN. Something they have yet to show without DAZN in Coker's tenure.

DAZN deal can leave just as quick as it came.

Viacom is major media outlet player and it's a shame they seem to not put a dime into promoting/building a brand they own. Yet they'll spend multi millions on advertising whatever new sitcom show in hopes it catches on. But with Bellator it is like they don't even exist. How many replays of a Bellator event have you ever seen???? How many top 10 KO's or whatever type shows have you seen???

It's just sad they get like zero support from the company that owns them in helping to grow the product. Right now it's basically sign a UFC fighter and hope he or she brings fans to the product, rinse and repeat. Every org that has ever done that has eventually gone under and chances are if it wasn't for the DAZN deal I'm not sure where Bellator would be today.

This will be Jiri's gateway to stardom if he beats Bader.

I’m not a huge fan of these champ vs champ fights. Don’t get me wrong, they’re big fun fights. I just don’t like the whole “you won on your turf, now let’s rematch on mine.” I think it muddies the title picture when you’ve got one guy with Bellator’s heavy and light heavyweight titles, AND the Rizin title. How can he possibly defend all those belts? I think Jiri wins for the record, I just think you’ve already got contenders for Bader in Bellator and so many legend fighters you could send to Rizin.

I’m not a huge fan of these champ vs champ fights. Don’t get me wrong, they’re big fun fights. I just don’t like the whole “you won on your turf, now let’s rematch on mine.” I think it muddies the title picture when you’ve got one guy with Bellator’s heavy and light heavyweight titles, AND the Rizin title. How can he possibly defend all those belts? I think Jiri wins for the record, I just think you’ve already got contenders for Bader in Bellator and so many legend fighters you could send to Rizin.
I still am not a huge fan of these from RIZIN's perspective since Bellator's roster is so much larger and any hits they take won't be felt nearly as much. Caldwell losing was not that big of a deal for them, nowhere near as big for RIZIN if Horiguchi lost, who is their 2nd or 3rd biggest name. Caldwell is just some guy for Bellator, they run shows every other week.

Jiri is awesome and a true JBG son. But I doubt he can avoid getting grapplef***ed in here.

Bader should crush Machida and fight Nemkov TBF.

Jiri has a pretty decent resumé, but Bader has the edge in big-fight experience.

DAZN deal can leave just as quick as it came.
No reason to assume that would happen. DAZN is doing extremely well and it probably has something to do with combat sports fans, between boxing and MMA. Bellator is the premier MMA organization they have access to.

I don't mind Bader vs Jiri. I'd rather see him fight the winner of Mousasi and Machida, and then take on Kharitonov.

Jiri is awesome and a true JBG son. But I doubt he can avoid getting grapplef***ed in here.

Bader should crush Machida and fight Nemkov TBF.
In the ring and Rizin/Pride rules settings i would not be supprised if Jiri sprawls him and then crushes Bader's skull with knees on the ground. Also no fence for usual cage grinding and leg catching on the wire, wrestling is shorter in the ring and more broken and fractional; with less continuity.

In the ring and Rizin/Pride rules settings i would not be supprised if Jiri sprawls him and then crushes Bader's skull with knees on the ground. Also no fence for usual cage grinding and leg catching on the wire, wrestling is shorter in the ring and more broken and fractional; with less continuity.
Just the think of a wrestling-heavy fight in the ring turns me off.

Back