• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Coker’s final FU to PFL

It's kind of dick move isn't it????

He also kind of screwed Gegard at the same time. They already told Gegard they weren't resigning him at the same rate weeks before this.

It's kind of dick move isn't it????

He also kind of screwed Gegard at the same time. They already told Gegard they weren't resigning him at the same rate weeks before this.
From the way his agent is talking, they owe Gegard money regardless, they might have put a buyout clause

They were getting let go any regardless from the sound of it, at least now they have some basis to get paid
Ok but someone like the Moose could have just been let go so he can go elsewhere and make some money. Dude has been waiting for a long time.. that's not a cool thing to do to an athlete as father time will eventually catch up to them.

Ok but someone like the Moose could have just been let go so he can go elsewhere and make some money. Dude has been waiting for a long time.. that's not a cool thing to do to an athlete as father time will eventually catch up to them.
You really think anyone was gonna pay as much as Bellator was gonna pay him? I don’t think you know the mma market

You really think anyone was gonna pay as much as Bellator was gonna pay him? I don’t think you know the mma market
I'll tell you what I do know

People like you (and there are a lot of people like you on this site) refuse to think outside the box a little bit and double down on the flaws people like me point out in your reasoning.

I'll make it super simple and I'm moving on from this conversation.

• Gegard Mousasi is close to 39 years old
  • He only has a few fights left in his career
  • Even if Coker was going to release him, it was up to Mousasi and his team to find an organization and contract so he can keep fighting and make SOME money
  • Instead Coker used him and other fighters as a pawns, kept them locked in contracts knowing the new owners may have difficulty paying them
  • Moose and other fighters have been locked into contracts for months and are making 0 money
In case you need help with math, some money is more than 0 money

I don't think Moose has many places to go because of his pay. I don't think the UFC wants him back either. He probably costs too much for ONE. He got up to 200k for his UFC fights. I am assuming he is getting paid a lot more nowadays. He wasn't going to jump ship to Bellator for little pay.

It’s a shame Bellator got bought out by them.
I was saying this from the very beginning knowing that PFL was inferior to Bellator in every way, the roster was not up to par and the shows were way too long and too much stupid gimmicky crap like the smart cage.

Bellator had issues as well but for me it was a good organization where I got to know the entire roster unlike UFC that has so many random fighters that I won't care about or remember, a real shame that they got bought out.

I was saying this from the very beginning knowing that PFL was inferior to Bellator in every way, the roster was not up to par and the shows were way too long and too much stupid gimmicky crap like the smart cage.

Bellator had issues as well but for me it was a good organization where I got to know the entire roster unlike UFC that has so many random fighters that I won't care about or remember, a real shame that they got bought out.

Bellator was dead in the water. It was going no where.

This is what happens when your owned by a massive media company. You don't come through on your end they more or less put you out in the pasture. They weren't even able to sell Bellator. They basically folded for some PFL stock in the end.

No doubt Bellator was better than PFL. But at least PFL is run by people with a vision. We may not all agree with this vision but at least they are putting up the money and doing things. Who knows if it will all pay off in the end but at least they are trying.

Reactions: YSB
Back