Cody vs The Snake and Cruz vs MM should be the next fights to make.

The Young Wolf

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
TAM's new champion vs The Snake that left them is such an interesting story line to me. The bad blood of how everything ended and the build up this fight would have will be crazy. If Cody can beat Dillashaw he would have probably the two best wins in divison history IMO. On the other side can The Snake get his title back? He's gotten so much better which is scary because of how he utterly destroyed Barao. We saw just how good Cody can be with his movement and slick defense. Will he make TJ miss like he did Dom? That fight should be great.

Cruz vs MM should be for number one contender of the winner of that fight. One because it is a rematch we all want to see and second because MM needs to stop hiding at 125. Its time for him to move up and challenge himself. He's cleared out 125. If he really wants to be considered P4P best in my eyes I think he needs to capture 135 title. This is the way to do it. For Dom it will show he still has it and deserves a rematch at Cody or a second fight with TJ because the first is so close.

Make it happen UFC.

It makes ZERO sense for MM to fight Cruz, now. And, I've always said ... MM would have held two belts if he moved up vs Cruz.

The only good thing about that fight now. Would be avenging the loss. That's not a good enough reason to give up the weight handicap.

Anybody still believe that Cruz would win that fight ?

He wouldn't have a chance.

It makes ZERO sense for MM to fight Cruz, now. And, I've always said ... MM would have held two belts if he moved up vs Cruz.

The only good thing about that fight now. Would be avenging the loss. That's not a good enough reason to give up the weight handicap.

Anybody still believe that Cruz would win that fight ?

He wouldn't have a chance.
How can you say the fight makes no sense for MM and in the saame post refute your point by admitting the chance he would have To avenge his loss to Cruz? ARE you retarded?

How can you say the fight makes no sense for MM and in the saame post refute your point by admitting the chance he would have To avenge his loss to Cruz? ARE you retarded?

I think he's quite consistent: he said that would be the only thing going for that fight, from Johnson's perspective, and that that was too small a thing to warrant taking that fight. I have to agree: why would a dominant champ like Johnson fight somebody who just lost decisively and is no longer even a champion?

I personally think TJ sons Cody. Striking wise TJ could hurt Cody and I think he is probably a better wrestler too. Plus his style is pressure based unlike Cruz who got tagged a lot because he had to abandon his usual counter punching style and come forward and leave himself open to get blasted.
I'm not a huge fan of the snake however to not give him the next title shot would be a joke.
Cruz vs MM is pointless at this stage unless it's for the next title shot at BW. Cruz should probably fight the winner of Caraway vs Rivera.

I think he's quite consistent: he said that would be the only thing going for that fight, from Johnson's perspective, and that that was too small a thing to warrant taking that fight. I have to agree: why would a dominant champ like Johnson fight somebody who just lost decisively and is no longer even a champion?
Because it's a chance to 1) avenge his loss 2) earn a right to fight for the title.

In what world is that not enough sense to fight?

Because it's a chance to 1) avenge his loss 2) earn a right to fight for the title.

In what world is that not enough sense to fight?

It's the second that's unconvincing. Johnson doesn't have to beat a contender to get a superfight. Despite being the heavier champion, I find it much more sensible to say Garbrandt has some work to do if he wants to earn a superfight with Johnson.

I personally think TJ sons Cody. Striking wise TJ could hurt Cody and I think he is probably a better wrestler too. Plus his style is pressure based unlike Cruz who got tagged a lot because he had to abandon his usual counter punching style and come forward and leave himself open to get blasted.
I'm not a huge fan of the snake however to not give him the next title shot would be a joke.
Cruz vs MM is pointless at this stage unless it's for the next title shot at BW. Cruz should probably fight the winner of Caraway vs Rivera.
I think the Snake is a better wrestler to but I think he lacks the power to really hurt or put away Cody. The fight poses problems for both guys.

It's the second that's unconvincing. Johnson doesn't have to beat a contender to get a superfight. Despite being the heavier champion, I find it much more sensible to say Garbrandt has some work to do if he wants to earn a superfight with Johnson.
Why were people saying Conor should have had to beat people at LW to get a shot but MM doesn't need to avenge his loss to Cruz the former champ at 135 to prove he deserves to fight for the belt there? That makes no sense

this is a beast ass storyline play the whole tj being anakin to cody being luke
DAMN IT ANAKIN YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE
but it was cody all along

Why were people saying Conor should have had to beat people at LW to get a shot but MM doesn't need to avenge his loss to Cruz the former champ at 135 to prove he deserves to fight for the belt there? That makes no sense

It might have something to do with their respective numbers of title defenses.

Back