• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

COD Black Ops 3 Official Thread v??? : Sherdog Hates COD Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll call today.

After you got everything opened, what kind of improvement did you notice?
Immediate and dramatic. It literally took one gun fight and I knew it was correct. It just "felt" right.

I still occasionally have lag issues that I can't explain, but I just don't play when that's happening.

Unrelated, I came into a TDM match that my team was losing badly. Ended up going 19-2, but wasn't near enough to win. We lost 40-100. I did have two "team mates" AFK.

Immediate and dramatic. It literally took one gun fight and I knew it was correct. It just "felt" right.

I still occasionally have lag issues that I can't explain, but I just don't play when that's happening.

Unrelated, I came into a TDM match that my team was losing badly. Ended up going 19-2, but wasn't near enough to win. We lost 40-100. I did have two "team mates" AFK.

So I just got off the phone with my ISP and he told me that all my ports were open (and also said there's no reason they'd be closed and that they wouldn't have accessed it to close any). His advice was to make sure my computer and smart phone were disconnected from the internet when I go online to game.

So I just got off the phone with my ISP and he told me that all my ports were open (and also said there's no reason they'd be closed and that they wouldn't have accessed it to close any). His advice was to make sure my computer and smart phone were disconnected from the internet when I go online to game.
I'm sorry, man. If that didn't fix it, I don't know what will. The lag you're experiencing is more than would be caused by your smart phone. Have you tried calling MS or Sony customer service? I had to call MS for one of my issues and they were helpful.

I'm sorry, man. If that didn't fix it, I don't know what will. The lag you're experiencing is more than would be caused by your smart phone. Have you tried calling MS or Sony customer service? I had to call MS for one of my issues and they were helpful.

I just figured BO3 has a terrible hit detection. :cool:

I guess I could try calling Sony, but what do I say? Just that I seem to have a problem with hit detection?

So you think changing the NAT Type from Moderate to Open did anything? It says directly on the game that Open is the best way to play. I have no idea what any of that stuff is or does or means, but hopefully it does something.

Also, what controller sensitivity level do you play with?

I don't think there would be a huge diffference playing on Moderate over Open. I think there might be issues literally connecting to some people (as in some people can not connect with Moderate users) but aside from that I don't think you'd see a major difference. My PS4 randomly resets to Moderate at times and I can't really tell the difference.

I just figured BO3 has a terrible hit detection. :cool:

I guess I could try calling Sony, but what do I say? Just that I seem to have a problem with hit detection?

So you think changing the NAT Type from Moderate to Open did anything? It says directly on the game that Open is the best way to play. I have no idea what any of that stuff is or does or means, but hopefully it does something.
Open is the best. I switched mine from strict to open. It couldn't hurt, but I think that has more to do with which games you can join.
What you're describing is not a hit detection issue. I think this game actually has good hit detection. You've definitely got some sort of connectivity issue. It really does render the game unplayable.
You might want to try calling your ISP again (I know this is a hassle) and hope you get someone who understands gaming. It wasn't until I got a gamer that I was able to get my issues resolved. He could tell right away what the problem was when everyone else didn't have a clue.

Also, what controller sensitivity level do you play with?
I keep mine a bit higher than default. I move it up one point at a time then when I adjust to that I move it up again. I'm not awesome though, I'm like a 1.5 KD or something. Some of the better players may have better suggestions.

I think mine is set to one over the default. I don't like it to be crazy sensitive. i can confirm tonight. It's all a matter of preference I think.

Also, I have found since acquiring the Elite Controller (about 3 weeks), I'm far more nimble and able to do multiple things at once...it has been great. Being able to reload, boost, jump, and aim at the same time has been amazing.

I play at 2 or 3 above the Default.

Sensitivity whilst aiming is default for me, when not aiming it's at seven or eight

Last edited:
Mines at 7

Was using the War Machine today and was wrecking people with it. Got a quad feed with it and a decent amount of double kills

War machine is stupid fun

I got fucking off with it. Triple and quads.

Ripped almost 25rds on the newst zombie map. I got the upgrade bow. Camp site is by revive + keep the door shut. Shield is a nice bonus.

I just started going crazy on combine. I saw the best quick scope kid ever. He used the locus and he would run and gun. If you were within screen range, he took you up. It was a piss off but I was mirrin. Kid was sick.

War machine is stupid fun
You know I loved it in the Beta. Then the full game came out and for some reason I was struggling with it (I THINK they made the spread more narrow or something... something about it was off) but man today I was just crushing with it.

I love that they brought back gore, so brutal shooting someone with a sparrow and they explode into a million pieces.

I still can't play this game for more than 30 mins without shutting it off.

I've tried so hard to get into this game,but i can't. the lag is hideous,the guns are for the most crap. i've had enough of unloading half a magazine at some one and them killing me with 1 shot. another weird thing I've found,is when i get into a game its generaly near the end and I'm on the losing side,its playing havoc with my w/l ratio,not that it needs much help to be bad. as the guy above me said,i can't play it for more than 30 minutes.

this is by far one of the worst cods so far. nearly as bad as ghosts, but not quite there. the black ops brand has really plummeted.

i keep playing it though. i was playing tom clancy's rainbow six seige but jumped back to this 2 days ago.

one thing i do like is the argus shotty, that gun is pretty beast. actually all shottys cept the haymaker are good. but for the camos they should have made all shottys one hit kills to rank up instead of only the argus i think cant remember if there are any others that only require one shot kills to get camo upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back