Cobrinha's response on getting his black belt

evalutionr

White Belt
Reaction score
I would like to confirm for some, and clarify for others, that I received by black-belt under Terere, and Andre Galvao played a important role in the ceremony because Terere was not able to participate.

I have only respect for Andre as both a person and athlete, and I do not want to diminish the critical role he played as a teammate at TT and in my belt ceremony. His statements are literally correct, as he did tie the belt around my waist - a procedural role from my understanding, under the direction of Terere. Andre had only received his black belt a few weeks prior, so there was no real possibility, in my understanding, that he was awarding me a black belt in the normal sense.

At the time, Terere, along with my first instructor Mauro Pacifico, were my teachers and mentors in jiu jitsu and life. I left my family and my job to move to Sao Paulo to train and learn from Terere. He helped craft my skills and mold my style as both a competitor and teacher. Of course, it would have been nice for him to literally present my belt, but I understood that he was dealing with his own conflicts, and it wasn

Was there some controversy regarding this BB to begin with? How did this come up in the first place?

Catch weight at the next Metamoris! Wait, is Metamoris still a thing?

Was there some controversy regarding this BB to begin with? How did this come up in the first place?

Andre posted on Facebook recently that he gave Cobrinha his belt.

I guess it's always good to clarify but I can't see anyone questioning Cobrinha's black belt

Cobrinha is all class

So's Andre as a rule, so I have to think he meant he literally handed him the belt/put it around his waist, not that he awarded it to Cobrinha. It's not like Andre has a shortage of achievements such that he needs reflected glory from Charles.

So's Andre as a rule, so I have to think he meant he literally handed him the belt/put it around his waist, not that he awarded it to Cobrinha. It's not like Andre has a shortage of achievements such that he needs reflected glory from Charles.

His statement "I told in the video Keenan is my 9th black belt but actually I tie and gave 10 black belts during my Jiujitsu Life" can be interpreted both ways.

But when he posted the video with the comment "Here is a very cool video when I promoted Rubens "Cobrinha" Charles to black belt. Good memories." he is saying he promoted Cobrinha even though Telles called him up there and was right there supervising, and apparently it was Terere's decision to promote so I don't know what he's trying to do.

Apparently there is animosity between them still.

are these guys on good terms? I seem to remember reading that cobrinha and andre getting into it last year after Rafa armbarred cobrinha

I have to say I'm impressed how articulate Cobrinha's statement is. Even if someone translated it for him.

It'll probably blow over real quick if it hasn't already. Seems like just a misunderstanding. But what they should do is beef this thing up. Cobrinha accusing Andre tried to claim Cobrinha as his student and Andre telling Cobrinha he needs to respect the guy who generously tied the belt around his waste. They could get a nice 10k-15k payday or something. Even do an Atos vs Alliance superfights event. I would be more interested in this event than any of the Metamoris. Checkmat can get the winner.

Someone call Chael please. We need Cobrinha to say something about Andre similar to "I saw Big Nog trying to feed a carrot to a bus", lol.

^ Ugh. Do we really need any of that in BJJ? I think not. Let's leave the WWE crap to WWE. And MMA lol

Yes, if they want to get paid. And if we want interesting matches to watch. Royler vs Bravo 2 would've been the biggest match in bjj, at least would be the most anticipated.

I have to say I'm impressed how articulate Cobrinha's statement is. Even if someone translated it for him.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Cobrinha is a really good writer (in English). He posts self-improvement/motivational articles on his facebook 4-5x a week and I'm assuming that he writes them himself. Anyone know for sure?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Cobrinha is a really good writer (in English). He posts self-improvement/motivational articles on his facebook 4-5x a week and I'm assuming that he writes them himself. Anyone know for sure?

One of his students (and jiu jitsu blogger, Erin) posts here. She might know. But yeah, I follow him on Facebook also and he does a lot of write ups. I read just about every single one. They're awesome, I really enjoy them.

Back