Coach Winklejohn on why Jon won’t fight Izzy at 205, believes Izzy will have to move up to HW.

Jon hasn't really "gone to HW" yet since he hasn't fought in HW. There is no reason why he couldn't fight Izzy at LHW, and it sounds like he is ducking out to a new weight division to avoid Izzy.

Jon's posturing doesn't matter in terms of which weight he fights at. The fact that he just announced leaving LHW doesn't mean he can't turn right around and have a fight at 205; that sort of thing never mattered to anyone in the sport, I don't know why we would make assumptions based on it.

Jon is scared of the competition at LHW and thinks he can do better at HW with it being so thin- I think that is pretty much all there is to it.

This new announcement is a way to not only duck the LHW division, but also duck Izzy.

Bottom line- Jones is afraid of getting humped like Costa.

This is actually logical?

Jones vacated the 205 belt, told the world he was done with LHW and moving to HW.

Then he got called out by Jan 10 seconds after he won the LHW strap and Israel (pretty much non stop).

He would look pretty fucking stupid (more than usual) if he immediately recanted and went back to 205 to fight Jan or Israel.

Israel and Jan both want this fight for various reasons but neither are fights Jon needs to take. Jan literally just won the belt and Israel doesn't even fight at 205.

Jon should let them do their thing and move on to HW just like he told everyone he would when he gave up his belt.
gif-nodding.gif

Jon hasn't really "gone to HW" yet since he hasn't fought in HW. There is no reason why he couldn't fight Izzy at LHW, and it sounds like he is ducking out to a new weight division to avoid Izzy.

Jon's posturing doesn't matter in terms of which weight he fights at. The fact that he just announced leaving LHW doesn't mean he can't turn right around and have a fight at 205; that sort of thing never mattered to anyone in the sport, I don't know why we would make assumptions based on it.

Jon is scared of the competition at LHW and thinks he can do better at HW with it being so thin- I think that is pretty much all there is to it.

This new announcement is a way to not only duck the LHW division, but also duck Izzy.

You're clueless or a troll but have fun with your fantasies.
Haters still got nothing but broken heroes and schoolyard taunts.

THIS is what I am talking about. Jones won't give a shit to Israel at LHW, he is going to HW to make history. While Israel is playing a GSP-Bisping at LHW, Jones will be fighting the best HW - Stipe, Ngannou, etc. -, defending HW belt and retiring as the best MMA fighter this world has ever witnessed.

He is bulking an HW body to stay there, it wouldn't make any sense going back to fight a nobody like Israel lol. If the nobody wants Jones smoke - he already proved he never wanted, after all he had the chance to go up and fight Jon and preferred fighting Jan when Jon vacated the belt LOL -, he goes after the GOAT. Because the opposite would be just NONSENSE.

Cry is free, haters.

You're in for a huge disapointment.

I am agree with coach winklejohn !

I am telling you guys.. Stipe is a whole different animal.

THIS is what I am talking about. Jones won't give a shit to Israel at LHW, he is going to HW to make history. While Israel is playing a GSP-Bisping at LHW, Jones will be fighting the best HW - Stipe, Ngannou, etc. -, defending HW belt and retiring as the best MMA fighter this world has ever witnessed.

He is bulking an HW body to stay there, it wouldn't make any sense going back to fight a nobody like Israel lol. If the nobody wants Jones smoke - he already proved he never wanted, after all he had the chance to go up and fight Jon and preferred fighting Jan when Jon vacated the belt LOL -, he goes after the GOAT. Because the opposite would be just NONSENSE.

Cry is free, haters.

I think Jon should stick to fighting middleweights while talk about fighting heavies, like he’s always done.

Cry is free, haters.
The appreciation for Jones and his choice to move up is well deserved. The hyperbolic trashing of Izzy as a "nobody" is both unnecessary and factually incorrect. That makes your post 1-1.

I think you would serve yourself, Jon, and the culture of MMA, better by excluding the "troll" aspect. Rhetorically, it would help move the narrative in the right direction.

I say all of this because I really agree with your perspective and, in spite of not liking his personality, really do think Jon does not receive the respect he deserves for his in-cage performance.

I really don't get people comparing Jan / Izzy to Bisping / GSP.

Bisping actually dethroned the champ and had a title defense. The odds of him vs GSP was almost even.

Jan won a vacant title, no title defense yet, and a 2-1 underdog (If I'm not mistaken) to Izzy. Just shows how weak of a champ he is.
Jan may not be the strongest champ but to twist the narrative and act as if he's weaker than Bisping is ridiculous. Jan is MUCH more dangerous.

Jan didn't get the opportunity to take on the lineal champ but he's still on a strong win streak and KOed the next top guy to Jones. It isn't his fault Jon left.

Bisping on the other hand onky got his shit by luck of someone else getting hurt. He was never the #1 contender. Not even top 4.

You bring up the odds as if that means anything. That is only a testament to how good Adesanya has looked. If GSP would nit have been iut fir YEARS on hiatus then the odds wouldn't have been so close.

Cry is free, haters.
For now, Jones is the nobody. Izzy is stepping up. That makes him the somebody. Once Jones does too, then we can talk.

John will murder Izzy at any weight. You bandwagoners are ridiculous.

Are you comparing Stipe to... Jan?
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Jones haters are really something.
Hes running from Jan and Glover because they are young and dangerous, Stipe is old and not dangerous. Didn't you know?

Izzy hasn't gone to LHW

jones said he would come back to take "his" belt right after jan won, now all of the sudden the belt means nothing and he's gone to HW.

I call BS

Jones has been talking about HW for what, 5-6 years now?

Jones has been talking about HW for what, 5-6 years now?

He cleaned LHW just like Usyk and both went HW now.

One of them will get knocked The fuck out... 100% but I have no idea who lol

Both agauys have huge balls

How bad do you want to believe that you're right in what you believe Jones is believing?

Turinabol Jones cant admit to his own failings, he never has. Never will. It is what made him a good fighter, it is also the reason for all his problems. Simple shit. Stop sucking his nuts.

Yeah, Jones don't fight young guys Jones fight the best old guys
Jones fights the best always, it doesn't matter if they are old or not. It is what UFC has to offer, deal with it.

You're in for a huge disapointment.
Hope not.

I think Jon should stick to fighting middleweights while talk about fighting heavies, like he’s always done.
GOATs do GOAT things, bulking and fighting the heavies is going to make him a fucking legend. He already is tbh.

The appreciation for Jones and his choice to move up is well deserved. The hyperbolic trashing of Izzy as a "nobody" is both unnecessary and factually incorrect. That makes your post 1-1.

I think you would serve yourself, Jon, and the culture of MMA, better by excluding the "troll" aspect. Rhetorically, it would help move the narrative in the right direction.

I say all of this because I really agree with your perspective and, in spite of not liking his personality, really do think Jon does not receive the respect he deserves for his in-cage performance.
I go 50%/50% here, never too much serious and never too much troll. My italian ancestry can trick, because I seem rough most of the times, but with people who talks properly I do the same.

That aside, people can talk about Jones what they want, but the truth is the man is the best out there. His resume speaks for itself. His only "loss" was a DQ by a complete misfortune and he would have the title defenses record with 14, once he never really lost since he got the LHW belt. The man is a genius of fighting, period.

Jones has been procrastinating for a decade.
For a decade he was constructing the legendary resume he has, that very selected fighters can say they got close to that. Every fighter talked about fighting at an above division, this is not new.

Fighting at HW right now was the right move. The man is a genius of fighting, deal with it. Stop hating.

For now, Jones is the nobody. Izzy is stepping up. That makes him the somebody. Once Jones does too, then we can talk.
Israel always talked about Jones, always talked shit and, at the end of the day, never wanted Jones smoke. He is going up only because Jones vacated LHW belt and now is fighting JAN lol. Come on...

Back