• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CNN - What's the "Alt Left"? Experts say it's 'made-up term'

You don't know the respective meanings of "alternative" and "mainstream" do you?

Trump won in the face of 24/7 "mainstream" anti-trump media. If "the media" is "mainstream" and Trump voters are "alt", then explain how that's a possibility. In reality, you just made my point.

Hey apologists, your "it means different things to different people" argument is absolute shit. You laid with dogs and got fleas, and now you want us to tell you having fleas is ok. Naaaaaah, gonna call a spade a spade

https://www.reddit.com/r/altright/

What is the Alt Right?

The Alt-Right, unlike the dominant ideology of the 20th Century (Liberalism/Conservatism), examines the world through a lens of realism. Rather than continue to look at the world through the ideological blinders that Liberalism imposes in its dogmatic evangelism of the Equalitarianreligion, we prefer to look & examine social relations & demographics from a perspective of what's real. Thus, racial & sexual realism is a key component of the Alt-Right - perhaps the key component that ties the diverse factions within it together.

Another core principle of the Alt-Right is Identitarianism. Identitarianism is the prioritization of social identity, regardless of political persuasion. Thus, the Alt-Right promotes White Identity and White Nationalism.

As a counter-culture, we've developed a plethora of in-jokes & terminology. For a guide to the lexicon, please refer to the TRS Lexicon guide or to Social Matter's NRx Compendium of concepts & terms.

Wssvu6L.png

Only Liberals are allowed to make up names for groups of people in order to ether discriminate against them or claimed they are discriminated against. Its the foundation of the entire Democratic Party.

Winner of thread post.

Trump won in the face of 24/7 "mainstream" anti-trump media. If "the media" is "mainstream" and Trump voters are "alt", then explain how that's a possibility. In reality, you just made my point.

You were talking about the alt left. Now you're talking about the alt right.
The alt right certainly seems to have become the conservative mainstream, but the "alt left" are still the alternative on the left, and neither appears to represent mainstream America.
In reality, you just proved my point that you don't know what words mean.

When i think Alt Left, i think post-modernist agitators like BAMN, ANTIFA, ANARCO-COMs

People are conflating methodology with ideology.

• Alt-right is an ideology, and a distinctly different ideology than the typical conservative ideas
  • "Alt-left" is not an ideology, in that it is not in any way different than typical left-wing liberal ideas.

Of course there are some violent assholes on the left, but that does not make them "alt left" it just makes them assholes.

As for the anarchists, it's a severe stretch to call them "left" at all, as anarchy is the furthest thing from left-wing politics. Anarchists are just opportunistic assholes, they like to have fun and break stuff, it's not a real movement.

Antifa are primarily an anti fascist movement and being anti-fascist used to be part of the American way. They used to give out medals for killing them.

You've got one group attempting to start a fourth reich in America, and one group trying to stop them. How the fuck do they deserve equal condemnation?

You people are dumb as shit. The berlin wall used to be called the "Antifaschistischer Schutzwall" meaning "Anti-fascist wall of protection". Protection against fascists! Who could possibly be opposed to such a thing? This is how the left operates. They use positive terms to cover their extremism and then mouth breathers like you go "what's wrong with social justice/anti-fascism/unicorns and puppies, man"?

I reject your premise for one. And two I don't think it matters. You guys are stuck on the "alt" label. The "alt right" label was being used as a catch all phrase. It has been defined differently by different people. Some people referred to libertarian, anti-republican right leaning people as "alt right". Some people focused it on a (non-racial) right leaning nationalism. Some people used it to reference the grass roots and internet culture. And then some people used it to describe racist conservatives.

The MSM and the left have focused on defining "alt right" as racist, hateful, and white supremacist. That label as stuck. So that is what alt means now...racist, hateful, and violent. Well since that is what "alt" has come to represent then it is pretty damn clear the left has an "alt" too and they are much more radical and violent.

The whole discussion is just a big mess because the terms are so generic. Milo is probably the most prominent figure the 'alt-right' has ever had, and someone like Spenser is a niche character, and excellent bogeyman.

Nobody is going to understand what anyone means when they use such terms. Same goes with 'alt-left' though really. I can assume it means the Marxist left, but it's not like it is a well defined thing.

"Alt-left" is not an ideology, in that it is not in any way different than typical left-wing liberal ideas.

So the typical left-wing ideology is anti-white, anti-male, and anti-nationalist?

Sometimes non violent ideas are more damaging to a society. What did measured violence ever accomplish other than everything?

People are conflating methodology with ideology.

• Alt-right is an ideology, and a distinctly different ideology than the typical conservative ideas
  • "Alt-left" is not an ideology, in that it is not in any way different than typical left-wing liberal ideas.

Of course there are some violent assholes on the left, but that does not make them "alt left" it just makes them assholes.

As for the anarchists, it's a severe stretch to call them "left" at all, as anarchy is the furthest thing from left-wing politics. Anarchists are just opportunistic assholes, they like to have fun and break stuff, it's not a real movement.

And what is the alt right ideology?

You were talking about the alt left. Now you're talking about the alt right.
The alt right certainly seems to have become the conservative mainstream, but the "alt left" are still the alternative on the left, and neither appears to represent mainstream America.
In reality, you just proved my point that you don't know what words mean.

No, I was still talking about the alt left. Your ability to simply read and then regurgitate definitions may be junior high level. But your reading comprehension is definitely not. Which of course, is the obvious reason for your original confusion.

And of course your pathetic personal attack cannot and did not explain how Trump won if the MSM truly represented 'main street'. With 24/7 negative press pumped into the average Joe's head he still rejected the propaganda that the alt-left MSM beams out on a nightly basis. Peeing on hookers for example.

Ummm guys?

Can we maybe stop saying Alt-Left now?

Vice has Spoken:
LD0l3Ir.jpg

I miss real liberals who actually would have an intellectual conversation with you. Pushing more people to the right everyday lol.

antifa is a latte-sipping bitch ass version of the German Reds with a bunch of 20 year old sjw liberal arts waifs running around in ski masks. fuck em.

and any new term is made up until it finds momentum in the vernacular. "Alt left" will gain traction.

that said, I get the vibe this is a strategic choice by Trump to create a false equivalency between his neo-nazi and ultra-right national support and these dorks to mitigate the political damage he gets from not publicly denouncing the alt-right.

Last edited:
CNN doesn't have access to experts.

Back