CM Punk q&a

High Altitude

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
After watching the q&a im not that excited to see punk fight.

He isn't that confident or reaching for very lofty goals.

He is basically saying I'm a newbie, a zero, I'm going to train some, have a fight and see how it goes.

He isn't coming across like a true fighter at all.

This guy is a waste of time.

He's not a physical specimen like Brock, nor does he have any outstanding credentials, so hey, at least he's keeping it real.

So you expect a guy who is 36 years old with a 0-0 MMA record to say he's gunna beat whoopin' Chris Weidman's ass?

op are you retarded? if you were in his shoes would you go running your mouth about how you're going to take this title or that title and make the top 3 look like chimps?

Punk knows his position in the UFC he knows he is a novice he isn't lieing or would you rather him lie and talk shit so you can get even more reasons to hate him?

I don't hate him. I just don't see why anyone is excited to see a nobody amateur fight in the biggest mma org in the world. After watching the q&a I'm convinced he is here to cash in, check off a bucket list item and call it a day.

If you like baseball would you want to see someone play for the Yankees who has never played before?

What is the attraction?

op are you retarded? if you were in his shoes would you go running your mouth about how you're going to take this title or that title and make the top 3 look like chimps?

Punk knows his position in the UFC he knows he is a novice he isn't lieing or would you rather him lie and talk shit so you can get even more reasons to hate him?

he is 0-0, so why is he in the UFC if he doesnt run his mouth? He doesnt drum up interest talking like this, and he cant fight.

Don't want to write checks that your body can't cash

He seems like a decent dude. Much easier to like than Lesnar.

He is basically saying I'm a newbie, a zero, I'm going to train some, have a fight and see how it goes.

He said that he doesn't really have a chance winning the belt. He will just take all that Anderson Silva money and gtfo.

Everybody was talking about how great he is "on the mic". I assumed he would have some kind of wisecracking personality or gimmick. Every interview I have seen so far, he just seems like a polite, well-spoken but completely dull guy.

Where are these "great on the mic" skills ? Or are American wrestling fans so retarded that they are impressed when someone can speak full sentences ?

I'm not necessarily excited to watch him actually fight (although I will), but I am excited for the fact he's going to put butts in seats / move the needle. There will be more money coming into the sport because of him, and that's a good thing.

To be fair - I understand the threats to credibility this signing poses for the UFC and mma in general, but I'm hoping he proves to be a game competitor so that it turns out to be a net plus.

If he comes out and performs, fans would go crazy and it would be a huge boost, but I don't see someone who has never fought being able to perform at a level that would be considered entertaining.

Even the early prelim guys, who have lots of experience, perform way below the top level fighters. I don't see how Punk is going to be able to pull this off. If they get him an opponent below his level then his opponent is going to look so bad the entire fight is going to look terrible. Get someone in there who does know how to fight and they are going to smoke Punk making him a big joke.

Sorry, but just like I don't want to see someone who has never played football play for the Broncos during the regular season (or at all), I don't want to see someone who has never fought fight in the biggest org with the best fighters in the world.

He is trying to be humble.

he is 0-0, so why is he in the UFC if he doesnt run his mouth? He doesnt drum up interest talking like this, and he cant fight.

It's foolish to believe that some WWE fans won't buy a UFC PPV to see CM Punk fight for real. I read a pro wrestling article when Punk was first signed by the UFC on a major entertainment website, and the author readily admitted he has never watched the UFC and was not a fan but would get the PPV to see Punk's first UFC fight.

He said that he doesn't really have a chance winning the belt. He will just take all that Anderson Silva money and gtfo.

given that he is just an actor without any athletic ability whatsoever he doesn't stand a chance against any professional mma fighter (women included). either his first fight will be rigged to make him win or he will be beaten and retire immediately.

He was honest. I would have lost respect for him if he had said "I'm gonna train my ass off and win. I guarantee you I will win my debut." Nah, fuck that. That's bullshit. That's fake. CM Punk is keeping it real.

Back