• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clippy?

how'd we get to Shakespeare, you rarely get ripples. I heard this the other day. This is a paraphrase from the nut, but Scorsese said the greatest battle scene ever filmed was Orson Welles' "Chimes at Midnight." There are two things, three things, where as soon as I knew it was a thing to be had, I negotiated tax returns with my life. It was 85 dollars for the VHS of Chimes at Midnight, it was $360 of Joseph Campbell on James Joyce VHS. I haven't seen Chimes at Midnight in 20 years, and I have 20 VCRs, it's cued on the HBO TMC, it's the Henry lV's and V, passion project. I've seen it twice in the big runs between Shakespeare and Orson Welles, and not to be a dick, you know this is where it's at and I put in a lot of time and soul, naked wife upstairs under a lamp with Shakespeare, I don't know it all but I have opinions. And I had sex.

I saw this pretty young and shit sticks with you, this scene has haunted my life of what if feels like for a guy when you first fall in love. She's so beautiful, and toying out of your heart and not blatantly, it's a death blow, this is the pinacle of things that can me done, it's not simple magic, it's best of the best in the most perfect moment.

you know, they say the book is better, you're imagination unlimited, you kow what I mean, probably always true Elizabeth Taylor/Montgomery Clift/ Brando/Pacino, there are times when your imagination can just go suck a dick. These are subtle genius you just need not to deconstruct, there's no deconstruction to method. if's just real. 20 takes the same,, this is special moment captured of ridiculoualy great people

I had a prime of that guy shit, not arrogance put not, I mean the mindset maybe for life was I've given so much, not a pot to piss in, but just like (and this happened), in the cafeteria, I'm looking at this girl and she looks at me, what? Nothing, ...nothing 160 years ago I was weighing your hotness against my squint to launch a thousand ship. Maybe not a thousand, but I think I put boats in water and go to war for you, Gene, Jen, Britt, I don't think you hav. e to imagine my shit is true just because it's completely ridiculous, it only had wheels because I still care. I give you my heart

She's got a face to launch a thousand supersonic jets A waitress in another life, how easily she forgets

Mine neither, what's your favorite, I know that's waffling area, I have about three and I'll tell you why. But you go.
Favorite Ramones song. You already posted Howling at the Moon (Sha-La-La) and that makes my top 3 for sure. I remember several years back I listened to The KKK Took My Baby Away on repeat for nearly 2 hours. I was convinced it was the perfect song. Every note necessary and in its proper place at the proper time. The song would end and I would start it again for nearly 2 hours straight. My girlfriend got out of bed, walked down the stairs and out into the kitchen where I was sitting at the table, She grabbed the cd out of the player, opened the back door and tossed it like a Frisbee out into the snow then went back to bed without ever saying a word. She saved me. I was stuck in some type of loop that I couldn't escape. She knew I hated the snow.

This past week I've been going back to Needles and Pins. I know its not an original but Joey loved that old 50' and 60's rock and roll. He's sincere. This song meant something to him.

Dude, I think everyone get's my av on the surface and moves on, do you think anyone looks, and literally no one has ever ask me. You got it, that's the whole thing, You can only love my avatar if you don't know what it is, or you get it. They burn irony at the stake, but at the same time, this little girl in green glasses is Nietzsche's Overman, let me explain, She is deadly, trapped, screwed to the lining, but she's fighting in her little way with style and being uniquely beautiful when obviously no one cares. She is the story, and we're individually watching the story, to me, Taxi Driver, and I got kicked out of 7th grade from two town school for Taxi Driver shirts

Been here since about 2005.

This is the most coherent, thoughtful, non-drunk post I've ever read from DMF.

{<redford}

^^
The best part about this trailer isn't the trailer. It's that it introduced me to this random ass ancient song, which isn't even in the movie, but it's in the trailer.

Great song to blast whilst burning rubber on my various Mustangs, Chevelles, & Chargers. Most if not all of which, the song pre-dates (1965)

200w.gif

Let me lend ya a hand,

@Clippy @Clippy @Clippy @Clippy @Clippy