Clinton aides ordered to testify under oath

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Judge orders Clinton aides to be questioned under oath on emails
Jonathan Allen, Reuters 6 hours ago
By Jonathan Allen

(Reuters) - A federal judge ruled on Tuesday that U.S. State Department officials and aides to Hillary Clinton should be questioned under oath about whether the former secretary of state's use of a private email system was an effort to skirt open records laws.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan is likely to add to the uncertainty hovering over Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic nomination for the November U.S. presidential election, about the legal consequences of her decision to exclusively use a private email server in her New York home for her government work.

The State Department and Judicial Watch, the conservative watchdog group suing for records about the employment of a senior Clinton aide, must agree on a plan for the depositions by April, Sullivan said in his order on Tuesday, according to court documents.

Sullivan, a judge in federal court in Washington, D.C., said there was at least "a reasonable suspicion" that open records laws were undermined, The Washington Post reported. Sullivan, who was appointed by Clinton's husband, former President Bill Clinton, said he may order the department to subpoena Clinton to return all records connected to her private email server, the newspaper reported.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/u-judge-orders-discovery-clinton-email-lawsuit-report-194139430.html

I think this is a very interesting development. This could mean before the nomination process is over, that Clinton aides could be in a position to plead the 5th to protect themselves, which would be immensely damaging to Clinton's campaign.

What do you guys think will happen here, will her aides plead the 5th, or give testimony that could help Clinton by being under oath, and stating that their was no wrong doing here?

I think its pretty odd how little this story gets reported on the news.

The other shoe will drop soon. We will see where this goes but at the very least, it will cause some disruption and more bad pr for Clinton.

And I saw this news on a few places actually but its just prelim and hasn't really yet target Hillary herself nor the foundation.

Judges don't make these sorts of rulings sua sponte. Who's the other party?

Depends on how much they know or had access to. If they legitimately have no useful knowledge, they have nothing to worry about. If they do, lie about it. If they get busted for Perjury, they'll get a presidential pardon eventually.

The other shoe will drop soon. We will see where this goes but at the very least, it will cause some disruption and more bad pr for Clinton.

And I saw this news on a few places actually but its just prelim and hasn't really yet target Hillary herself nor the foundation.

I think this is a classic law enforcement play here. You get the underlings in a position of where they roll on their boss, or pay the piper. Most choose to roll on their boss.

Judges don't make these sorts of rulings sua sponte. Who's the other party?
I believe you're correct, I think I read conservatives....I could be completely wrong here or drunk

I wonder if they'll get Vince Foster'd.

I wouldn't be surprised if they deny any wrongdoing. Unfortunately someone as high up as Hillary can seemingly get away with anything they want. I mean really, who cares about sensitive and private information?

I wouldn't be surprised if they deny any wrongdoing. Unfortunately someone as high up as Hillary can seemingly get away with anything they want.

That's an odd comment given the reality of the situation. It's more accurate to say that someone as high up as Clinton who has run afoul of the GOP hit squad can seemingly have any mundane action presented as a scandal.

Clinton has one of her ex aides running her campaign iirc

Most likely she's taken care of each and every one of em

The media simply needs to do their job and explain how bad her decision(and likely criminal) to host a private server really was.

Clinton has one of her ex aides running her campaign iirc

Most likely she's taken care of each and every one of em

The media simply needs to do their job and explain how bad her decision(and likely criminal) to host a private server really was.

Why was it bad?

That's an odd comment given the reality of the situation. It's more accurate to say that someone as high up as Clinton who has run afoul of the GOP hit squad can seemingly have any mundane action presented as a scandal.

If a low level military employee did the things she did, they would already be in the brig. If a low level civilian contractor did the things she did, they would probably be in jail right now. Hillary is powerful enough to keep the GOP off her back.

If a low level military employee did the things she did, they would already be in the brig. If a low level civilian contractor did the things she did, they would probably be in jail right now. Hillary is powerful enough to keep the GOP off her back.

She didn't even do anything illegal, though. I don't think they'd throw a low-level civilian contractor in jail for threatening Republicans' right to the presidency.

12742577_10154638897828266_5517272296553196709_n.jpg

Clintons got alot of bodies on their unverified record.

I'm sure we will start having incidents of sudden heart attacks soon.

Back