Cliff Keen AB99 Air Brace Kneepads?

JWince

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you grapplers out there have tried the Cliff Keen Air Brace AB99 Knee pads. I just ordered a pair for almost $100. Expensive, but they're supposed to be the best. I keep getting little tender swollen lumps around my kneecap even though i wear Asics wrestling kneepads, and sometimes a regular patella brace under them.

So basically, since i've already billed them to my MC, I was hoping someone out there has used them and can tell me that they're the miracle i've been looking for. I can't find any product reviews online.

mine are horrible.

just kidding. i've heard good stuff from everyone that has used them. let me know what you think.

Post a review of these knee pads after you have used them. I was close to buying a set of these, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on knee pads.

Post a review of these knee pads after you have used them. I was close to buying a set of these, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on knee pads.

same here. I think i get the wraptor by cliff keen.

If you knees are tender then they probably are not for you. I bought them a few years back and only wore them 1 maybe 2 times. They were very stiif to bend and provided little cushion upon mat impact. Currently, I wear the asics gel pads for jiu jitsu and the Cliff Keen impact for judo.

Bullzeye did you buy this knee guard, I am shopping around for something now that I just had knee surgery...

~Foz

actually most do... lol

~Foz

Really? I've really only seen volleyball knee pads sold in pairs and those suck for grappling. Other than those I've only seen the asics gel knee pads and brute quick strikes sold in pairs.

Back