Clenbuterol

BringtheFatties

White Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this stuff? It's supposed to have the same effects as ephedra/ma huang but lasts much longer than the usual 2-3 hours. I tried to find some reviews online but they were mostly related to bodybuilding and I'm just looking for something to keep my metabolism up..

forget that and stick with fish oil..

fish oil increases metabolism and is healthy for your brain at the same time!... another good secondary oil is unrefined traditionally made coconut oil.. both good for ur skin, brain and health.. i've been taking fish oil for about 5 yrs.. and taking about 4 tablespoons of coconut oil daily for about 2 months now and i've never been more cut than i am now.. (im also trying to add muscle at the same time, so i;m eating like crazy) :wink:

actually.. i've been kinda lazy these past few weeks.. and have only been taking 3 tablespoons of coconut oil daily..

i bought a gallon and a half of that stuff bcuz bulk prices are much cheaper!.. :D

Clen is illegal.

It puts a massive strain on the heart.

Comparing fish oils to clen is like comparing zinc to steroids.

Clen is/was an athsma medication (as was/is ephedra) and athletes learned that if they used their clen inhalers it was quite a simulant.

Most people who use clen also do steroids as both are similar in the book of morals and where you stand on that line.

It puts a massive stain on the heart, but I don't think it is that much more than ephedra. Steroid doc, if he is still around, might have some more input on it.

Don't do that stuff. Clen has been linked to heart iregularities. It majorly damages your heart muscles and is way more dangerous than roids could ever be. Stick to ephedra and caffeine. DON'T TOUCH CLEN!

"http://www.philkaplan.com/thefitnesstruth/clenbuterol.htm"

Here's an excerpt from an abstract referencing insightful research:

'The Effects of Clenbuterol on Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle of Rats when Combined with Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise, ' Biochemistry of Exercise Ninth International Conference Abstracts, #117, p 75, 1994

To determine some of clenbuterol's actions, scientists at the University of Melbourne in Australia recently gave clenbuterol to laboratory rats at dosages of 2 milligrams per kilogram of body weight per day. Some of the rats followed a completely sedentary lifestyle, while others sprinted on treadmills or engaged in endurance swim training. Clenbuterol did have a couple of potentially positive effects: Sedentary rats which ingested clenbuterol had larger muscles than clenbuterol-free, sedentary rodents, and clenbuterol users also transformed leg-muscle cells from slow-twitch to fast-twitch fibres, a surprising change which would tend to increase anaerobic energy production and magnify muscle power during short, intense exertions.

However, clenbuterol also yielded three very negative changes. First, after just four weeks, clenbuterol-treated rats were unable to maintain their normal swimming or running training intensities, while clean rodents were quite capable of continuing. Secondly, the hearts of the clenbuterol-taking, trained rats increased dramatically in size compared to the hearts of sedentary rats, but the heart expansion was probably due to the infiltration of collagen fibres into the heart walls, not an increase in heart-muscle cells. Collagen is a tough connective tissue which doesn't augment heart-muscle power but in fact stiffens the heart, potentially leading to a decrease in cardiac output. Increases in collagen may also produce cardiac arrhythmias. Thirdly, clenbuterol rats suffered from noticeable cardiac-cell degeneration.

It appears that, in spite of its popularity, clenbuterol is a potentially dangerous drug which offers very few positive effects for either the power or endurance athlete.

Clen looses it effectiveness after a time, it varieswith each person. I know here in Canada it considered a grey area. I know guys that use it and got more out of a bottle of Stacker or REV and the clen was about 250 a bottle.

clen has been shown in studies to cause necrosis of the heart. which means it kills heart cells.

not a good thing in my book.

eljamaiquino, what is the regular dose for athletes? 2mg per lb might be a lot. Normally in animal studies that want to see how bad a drug is the juice them up like crazy. Similar to aspartame studies.

Peregrine, exogenous testosterone has shown to decrease testicular size and cause the testis to retract. Ephedra has shown to indirectly cause paranoia and schizophrenia. Just because something at large doeses means its bad doesn't mean it is horrible.

I wouldn't recommend it beacuse there are better things out there, but it was popular for some time and, to the best of my knoweldge, didn't cause many problems. I can check a book I have when I get back to my apt on sunday/monday that might give some more info.

Rjkd12 said:
eljamaiquino, what is the regular dose for athletes? 2mg per lb might be a lot. Normally in animal studies that want to see how bad a drug is the juice them up like crazy. Similar to aspartame studies.

Peregrine, exogenous testosterone has shown to decrease testicular size and cause the testis to retract. Ephedra has shown to indirectly cause paranoia and schizophrenia. Just because something at large doeses means its bad doesn't mean it is horrible.

I wouldn't recommend it beacuse there are better things out there, but it was popular for some time and, to the best of my knoweldge, didn't cause many problems. I can check a book I have when I get back to my apt on sunday/monday that might give some more info.

Clen is still popular, as far as I know.

Back