Cleaner punches do not equal...

Angelo Dundee never boxed. Do you think he knew anything about boxing? Would you discount his opinions on boxing because you hit a heavy bag once a week at the gym?
Read my post again. I said it doesn't mean you can't get good at appreciating the technical aspects of the sport. Sorry if I offended you, I guess that's because you never boxed yourself? Non-boxers can make great trainers but there are plenty more trainers WHO did box themselves. Yeah I used to hit a heavy bag 5 times a week, and yes it helped me appreciate the sport more.

Read my post again. I said it doesn't mean you can't get good at appreciating the technical aspects of the sport. Sorry if I offended you, I guess that's because you never boxed yourself?
No, you misunderstand. I was more adding to it.

No, you misunderstand. I was more adding to it.
Ok, like I already said I think you can develop an appreciation for the technical aspects of the game without having boxed. But I think it's like having a CEO who's never worked on the shopfloor, they don't appreciate the small stuff as easily as someone who's been there and actually done it themselves.

Ok, like I already said I think you can develop an appreciation for the technical aspects of the game without having boxed. But I think it's like having a CEO who's never worked on the shopfloor, they don't appreciate the small stuff as easily as someone who's been there and actually done it themselves.
Poor wording on my part after reading it again.

I think your really missing the point. I actually prefer stylish boxers. I have boxed more than half my life, I'm pretty sure I have a idea about technique. I actually think it's amusing when someone goes to a gym, learns a few things, and all of a sudden become technique elitists. The same people call Marciano crude and have zero idea what they are talking about.
Well i love Marciano and oftentimes discuss all kinds of shit about boxing with you. I didn't exactly mean you.

This is a severely fucking idiotic fanbase and i will never move my stance an inch off that

A lot of people who watch football (soccer) can really appreciate the skills it takes
That's a great point.

But i do agree with both you and Seano....there are some legit great boxing minds who never actually fought. And on this forum we have smart boxing people who don't box too.

I will never shit on anyone for not fighting...that's just ridiculous. You don't play around with this shit. But it's a lot different when them same people start calling fighters bitches or scared etc...you gotta earn the right to do that, and when you do be ready to back your shit up.or else somebody will body you hard even in the gym

maxresdefault.jpg

Got what he deserved.

Here to support the drunk Donkeys..

better than Adelaide.

From experience, cleaner punches hurt a fuck lot more.

Also don't talk shit about Cotto!

More effective punches. I was just watching margarito vs cotto 1 and the commentator was blowing a lot of smoke about cotto landing more effective shots because they where cleaner. The punches were having no visible effect on margarito and weren't even backing him off, whereas margaritos shots where having a serious debilitive affect on cotto. Just because a punch lands a bit cleaner or is more aesthetically pleasing, it is not necessarily more "effective" than a clubbing blow that lands with more force. Cotto was clearly not out boxing margarito, he was getting run over.
Dancing backwards while scoring a few clean shots, gives no advantage over wading forward throwing bombs and missing lots, that is personal opinion not reality.
As far as I know, there is no where in the playbook that's says aesthetically pleasing technique scores higher.
A drunk donkey could see that cotto was getting run over, and drunk donkeys don't score style points.

Wasn't that the fight that Margarito had cement in his gloves lmao not a good example.

Hurt a lot more than...what?
Did you watch Baranchyk vs bracero?
It’s an interesting case study. As in Baranchyk swings a lot of big shots and lands some clipping haymakers. But the biggest shit he lands that sets up the end is off a level change fake out to lead hook that catches Bracero Clean.
And really that’s what it is. You aren’t ready for the blow you arent tensing you arent ready to get hit and you do and you suffer for it.

Did you watch Baranchyk vs bracero?
It’s an interesting case study. As in Baranchyk swings a lot of big shots and lands some clipping haymakers. But the biggest shit he lands that sets up the end is off a level change fake out to lead hook that catches Bracero Clean.
And really that’s what it is. You aren’t ready for the blow you arent tensing you arent ready to get hit and you do and you suffer for it.
I get you.

It was actually a genuine question to him because he was kind of vague

Yes, a lot of people judge pro boxing the way amateur boxing would be. This isnt fencing, landing a punch means shit if your opponent doesnt care and still comes forward and makes you change your whole attitude towards the fight because you cant stop him. Cotto was landing hard btw but Margarito was possessed that night and nothing was hurting him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back