Clean meat has about 20 % of protein. Raw or cooked ?

Ivica Truscek

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Clean meat has about 20 % of protein. Raw or cooked ?

it doesnt matter. and unless your talking about like a frickin hot dog, meat has a much higher percentage of protein....a lean chicken breast is like 67% lean, some pork is even leaner, turkey breast is around like 90% lean

wenispinkle said:
it doesnt matter. and unless your talking about like a frickin hot dog, meat has a much higher percentage of protein....a lean chicken breast is like 67% lean, some pork is even leaner, turkey breast is around like 90% lean

it does matter
the meat shrinks in proces of cooking or bakeing (a lot of water steems out) so it looses weight with the water
if you want to eat 200 g of protein / day and your meat has 20 % of protein if
a) raw, you need to buy 1000 g of meat in your store
b) cooked, (let say it has 1/2 of the raw weight) you have to buy 2000 g
so it does matter
especially if you one poor fuck as i am, and eat only pig livers and kidneys

Madmick
the nutritiondata site has 30-40 %, but it does not say if its raw of cooked
if its true, then it should be cooked % (common sense)

Buy some tuna if you need alot of protein, and are short on money. I went to Costco and bought 12 cans of albacore for about $6.

As I understand, protein % are always raw, cause otherwise you would have different protein % depending on how you prepare your food. e.g. eating food burned to a crisp or bloody as hell.

Atleast in Sweden, all nutritiondata is raw food. Nothing else

Lard-ass said:
As I understand, protein % are always raw, cause otherwise you would have different protein % depending on how you prepare your food. e.g. eating food burned to a crisp or bloody as hell.

Atleast in Sweden, all nutritiondata is raw food. Nothing else

If you get it off the web, like the web site I linked, I think all the cooked data is for well-done meat (since that is the safest).

Back