claudio calasans wristlock?

BJJ Coffee Drinker

Amateur Fighter
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAoxoqeI4-g

does anyone know if this is the wristlock that Claudio Calasans caught Lucas Leite with at the Pan 2012 final? The only video available of that has Claudio doing the armbar from guard and Lucas stacking him to defend so their bodies are covering what is going on. Even in person it was nearly impossible to see close up.

from what I remember it was similar, he attacked collar choke, then armbar,then finished with the wrist when lucas defended the arm.

I learned it from him. The setup is to cross grab with your left hand to their left. When the top guy reaches and puts his grip on your left wrist, slam your right wrist/hand over it. If they try to break out of the wristlock, go armbar, and then go back if need. He demonstrates how he does the actual lock in the video, but the setup I'd say is thing that makes it all happen. He does it quick and then can get a nice impulse tap too.

I learned it from him. The setup is to cross grab with your left hand to their left. When the top guy reaches and puts his grip on your left wrist, slam your right wrist/hand over it. If they try to break out of the wristlock, go armbar, and then go back if need. He demonstrates how he does the actual lock in the video, but the setup I'd say is thing that makes it all happen. He does it quick and then can get a nice impulse tap too.

are you talking about the wristlock setup you just described? Or the armbar setup?

I have been drilling the wristlock like crazy and I feel like I have it down to brutal efficiency as my training partners have hell breaking my grip and freeing their arm but my transition to the armbar ends up quite sloppy when I attempt it with the wristlock grip

What I want really want to find out is the same technique he did to Lucas Leite. It seems he applied the wristlock on after the armbar attempt from what I remember

That wrist lock is friggin awesome.

Back