Cla?

Reakt

Green Belt
Reaction score
This any good for fat loss or just more over hyped supplement bullshit?
I have a good diet and do a fair bit of cardio, im at 13.5% i wanna get down to 8-9%

I learned a while back that you need to take it for like 6 months for it to have any significant effect.

It works but other suplements are better for the price. Take some EFAs and you should be fine.

This any good for fat loss or just more over hyped supplement bullshit?

This is not the place to be dropping statements like this if you want thought-out serious answers for your questions.

But, I use CLA and it works for what it does. However I use a CLA combined with the other fatty acids, it's called Censor and for the purposes of a lot of guys in here who are young and not really training for a specific goal, it could prove to be too expensive. But it has a good blend of all the omegas and CLA. But CLA does indeed do a decent enough job of improving use of fat for energy and preventing bodyfat storage from food intake.

I haven't seen any compelling studies, yet.

Caffeine's the way to go. Really, if you're a beginning athlete, and don't have that specific goal, anything isn't really worth the cost. Acetyl L-Carnitine is also supposed to be pretty good but it also apparently doesn't work that well until after 6 months, and how much does that all cost?

Don't you save money by keeping your mouth closed? Eat less.

thanks for the replies, yeh i take and alot of EFA's and drink heaps of black coffee and green tea. I just need something extra that works, i think ill get CLA and some L-cartinine. I'll be fighting end of this year and need to drop a few kg's to get down to super middleweight, plus summers coming up too...

Reakt said:
thanks for the replies, yeh i take and alot of EFA's and drink heaps of black coffee and green tea. I just need something extra that works, i think ill get CLA and some L-cartinine. I'll be fighting end of this year and need to drop a few kg's to get down to super middleweight, plus summers coming up too...

Caffeine is the #1 weight-loss supplement. IMO, unless there's a reason you're abstaining from caffeine, it should be in your regime long before CLA or Carnitine. Your body is most likely not deficient of either of these, anyway. Take 200mg caffeine before any activity, not more than 1000mg in a day.

huh? i never said im abstaining from caffeine, i said i drink heaps of black coffee, i drink like 5-6 cups of coffee a day, i actually probly get over 1000mg per day. I mean even my protein powder has got caffeine in it, i also take some cheapo fat burners with gurana and shit in it.

Is taking over 1000mg per day bad?

Reakt said:
huh? i never said im abstaining from caffeine, i said i drink heaps of black coffee, i drink like 5-6 cups of coffee a day, i actually probly get over 1000mg per day. I mean even my protein powder has got caffeine in it, i also take some cheapo fat burners with gurana and shit in it.

Is taking over 1000mg per day bad?

Yeah, taking too much is bad. You can develop a dependency, which, all health considerations aside, can diminish the drug's effects.

You also shouldn't have it throughout the day. Just before you exercise. It loosens the fatty acid chains in your body, allowing for your body to burn them with an even greater efficiency.

Cheapo fat burners= Caffeine + Bullshit. Save yourself the cheapo.

And your protein powder has caffeine? Dear god.

The Mocha Joe Muscle Milk has caffeine. It's what I suggest for coffee drinkers looking for NUTRIENTS in the morning to go with their buzz.

I tend to hit more than a gram a day during heavy times, but it doesn't last. Now I'm probably at around a gram a day if not a bit more, but it has only been for two weeks. The following two weeks I"m going to drastically cut back to less than 2-300 mg a day. I also hope to go a few days without it assuming I don't get headaches.

I don't think above a gram is bad in the short term. You just get a tolerance and you need more for the effects. I don't think it is possible to take more than a gram a day without building up a tolerance. Hence a gram for me is probably like 1-200 mg for a non-user. I have taken a really high dose only once or twice in a day (a gram or so without working up to it) and you get a bad stomache ache prior to any really negative side effects (which makes sure you don't take any more).

If you are concerned about toxicity there are not very good numbers as it is kinda difficult to die from caffeine. The level where 50% of humans would die is around 10 grams, but to get that you'd have to take a ton, and take it fast enough not to get sick and puke first (also and be part of the unlucky 50%).

Hey Reakt, are you doing guerilla cardio? Do that on top of taking the EFAs and you should drop some fat. Its not good to drink caffeine if you have high blood pressure by the way.

King Kabuki said:
The Mocha Joe Muscle Milk has caffeine. It's what I suggest for coffee drinkers looking for NUTRIENTS in the morning to go with their buzz.

Nice.

Timbaland said:
Hey Reakt, are you doing guerilla cardio? Do that on top of taking the EFAs and you should drop some fat. Its not good to drink caffeine if you have high blood pressure by the way.

Sort of, im doing HIIT and Tabata burpees, I do Tabata Burpees monday, 8-10x100m sprints then jog back and sprint again Tuesday morning, and next Thursday morning im going to add 4-6x400m sprints with 1min rest. I also hit the tyre with a sledge hammer 4x2min after weights on Wednesday and 4x2min Bas Rutten Boxing CD after weights on Saturday. Plus i do 2 x 1hr boxing class/week and 2 x 1hr MT / week.

Im still getting over bronchitis from 3 weeks ago tho, its still lingering and im coughing up flemgh like crazy.

Hmmm im still trying to decide on getting some CLA or Ross's new book what do youse reckon?
Hey is there anything wrong with eating fruit at night?

Back