Chuck Liddell thinks Mike Tyson "only has a puncher's chance" against him

Tough career to gauge IMO.. Tyson was largely in decline by 1990 at 24 years old. Don King had taken over, and all of Tyson's trainers and MGT that helped make him great were long gone. As was much of his discipline. So if he fought Holyfield in 1990 who wins? Not sure. They tried to make that fight, I recall Tyson had an injury. Then after the 2nd Ruddock fight which was terrible he went to prison. Post Prison Tyson was a shell of himself..
I dont know about all that.

I think that he had a really bad night out against Douglas.. and he fought a shitload so its bound to happen.

Also dont think he was training as well as a champion level boxer should be.

I do think he was likely done with his "Prime" when he got out of prison in 95. I mean at that point you're in your 30s and you spend many years away.

I dont know about all that.

I think that he had a really bad night out against Douglas.. and he fought a shitload so its bound to happen.

Also dont think he was training as well as a champion level boxer should be.

I do think he was likely done with his "Prime" when he got out of prison in 95. I mean at that point you're in your 30s and you spend many years away.

That's what I am saying he was NOT training and focused at that level anymore. Tyson peak was like 86-89 maybe.. And even in 89 he had lost his trainers, and was starting to head hunt like in the Frank Bruno Fight.. He had an extremely limited prime for a variety of factors.. Tyson coming back in 95 his only chance to be that guy again, was get rid of King and probably should have hired back Kevin Rooney. And train his ass off. He didn't..

That is what Tyson does. The real question is what are the chances of Chuck getting finished by strikes.

Back