Christmas Thread! What are you going to tell your kids about Santa?

I was at my friends house when his daughter came home and said that 2 jewish kids tried to tell her Santa wasnt real. My buddy told her that they were just jealous bc Santa doesnt go to their houses bc their parents (dont want to get banned so use your imigination) I almost spit my beer out but it did get me thinking that Jewish kids must hate the fact that they get Hannukah Harry and David the Dreidel and other kids get Santa.Must suck for teachers.

Never understood why this was such a big deal.
My parents had me believe in santa, and the day I found out they simply explained how it was for the purpose of it being special as a child, and that was the end of it.
I said, "oh, ok, thanks, it was a great ride" (not in those words)

If you're a good parent all around, your child should be able to tell the difference between an outright lie and something that is supposed to be endearing.

Kids are growing up way too fast now.
Let your damn kid be a kid for a while.
That age of innocence never comes back.

I remember finding out at school but not telling my parents.

My mother told me roughly a year later, I didn't really care at that stage.

Hannukah comes closer to the old heathen celebrations for the days getting longer though.

Christmas is stupid, but it's about family for me, definiteley has nothing to do with the birth of baby jesus.

How does santa claus actually get in the picture? Why does he come during Christmas time. Sinterklaas comes because it's his birthday, he travels in a boat from spain. Santa comes in a slede from the northpole with the reindeer and he also comes through the chimney or something, but why during christmas? or is there no relation? I don't know the folklore around it

One of my friends (who was around 14-15 years old) told his little brother (who was around 6-7 years old at the time) that he strangled Santa to death and he wasn't going to get any presents.
The younger brother still brings that up to this day. :)

I've always found it to be a hilarious story.

I'd tell them the truth: that "Santa" is based on Father Christmas...who was based on the Norse and Germanic god Woden/Odin.

Oh, and Christmas was originally a Pagan celebration called Yule. It was co-opted by the Christians during their(extremely)hostile take over.:rolleyes:

Back in the day my older brothers convinced me and my little brother to act like we believed in Santa for a good four years longer than we should have just to mess with our parents.

Devious little shits we were, trolling mom and dad....lawlz. I think they were beginning to worry about us.

My Dad was on the "Don't lie to your kids" train and told me straight up Santa was not real and in fact we did not celebrate Xmas because it was originally a Pagan Holiday. Fast forward 20 years and this year I will be celebrating with my family and watching my 3 year old daughter open her presents from Santa on Xmas morning. I will also take her to Disneyworld this year and you better believe I'm not going to explain to her how that is not really Minny Mouse it's just some either lame teenager or sad adult in a costume. Let them have that magical time you pricks.

Tell the kids santa got stuck in the chimney and they need to crawl up there and push him out. Free chimney sweeping.

Who's going to make Christmas dinner if the kids are chimney sweeping?

I don't talk about Santa to my daughter. I guess she believes in him, but I don't bring him up one way or another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back