Chris Weidman training adjustments?

tenniswhiz

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Weidman looks and seems weaker in his last two fights than during his win streak?

I wonder if he stopped lifting weights after defeating Vitor, in order to focus more on his technique.
Or maybe he doesn't eat as much protein as he did before?

He looked like a big MW against Machida, but he looks skinny and weak now.

I'm a huge Weidman fan and would love to see him get his muscle mass back, whether through lifting heavy or diet.
He needs this in order to compete with the best fighters in the MW division.

Thoughts?

If I am not mistaken, he is prone to knee injuries and other types of joint issues that may prevent him from performing any types of compound weights like deadlifts, squats and clean press among other exercises and not to mention intense plyometric regimen.

This will lead him to become smaller and weaker, this was the case for Joe Riggs who looked great at one point but his injuries did not allow him to workout like a beast with high intensity due to the grinds of MMA.

That's my Boy (Making Training Adjustments)

maxresdefault.jpg

He is training how to duck the MOOSE

He's becoming more predictable imo, miss the Chris who used to do dis sorta thing

0_14b489_326ee734_L.gif

Or...

Could it be that it's a LOT tougher to look strong when fighting big prime grapplers the same weight as you (Rockhold, Romero), as opposed to looking strong vs a series of faded strikers who were noticeably lighter and weaker than you (Belfort, Machida, Silva)?

He needs his Dad back in his corner for moral support.

I think he needs to start lifting again, eat tons of protein and go to LHW - MW is stacked and you are right TS, he did look weak/frail in his last 2 fights. I believe he could make some serious noise at LHW being that it is so open at the moment and Chris has the frame to move up.

I think he needs to start lifting again, eat tons of protein and go to LHW - MW is stacked and you are right TS, he did look weak/frail in his last 2 fights. I believe he could make some serious noise at LHW being that it is so open at the moment and Chris has the frame to move up.

That could be good.
I think he could beat Bader and would match up well with Rumble.

So your logic is: "He is to weak at MW, let's make him go to LHW."

He's looked considerably smaller and weaker, but he's also fought two of the best athletes on the roster, so that probably factors in. I like Weidman a lot but I'm afraid at the end of the day he's good to very good, not great/elite.

he looked weaker cos he was fighting yoel romero. Who looks stronger than Yoel?

He looked like shit against Rockhold, but I thought that he looked fine in his last fight. He got finished but that's happens. And his last 2 fights was kinda of bad matchs, too. 2 dudes who got either good wrestling or grappling. And they where also great on the feet. When he was fighting others, Weidman had a huge advantage at something, and he didn't had any in his last 2 fights.

He should take the Mousasi fight as he of course can do his thing against him. But Weidman might be looking for a easy fight, he needs to win his next fight no matter what and that's why.

Back