Chris Weidman shouldn't be allowed to move up

He would be literally murdered there, His chin is way beyond shot and not only is his chin literal shit but he would be a smaller LHW. Luke Rockhold (who is better and beat weidman H2H) just got retired in his first fight There and I feel like the same would happen (would probably look worse tho .. Teh Chris has the worst ko's).

He has a better chance at MW then LHW.
He has an infinitely better chin than rock hold. Still he looks ses to most lhw’s.

Santos and Smith were able to move up. I'd like to see what Chris can do.

When was the last time chris ever won a fight? If he keeps taking fights against former world champions and nr 1 contenders I think he will never win again.

Must have missed his last fight.

MW to LHW is a big jump. I don’t think it favors you unless you are a banger with little regard/ killing body make weight. Obviously pointing to Santos and Smith. Also, both rose during a time of desolation in the land of LHW. I don’t think Teh Chris’s style suits him well for the division. He relies on size and durability. Also, his striking has looked semi robotic lately and his chin has to be on the way out. I think a fight with Yan plays out in similar, brutal fashion.
His last fight was jacare right ? I know he was stopped thought he was still awake though

When was the last time chris ever won a fight? If he keeps taking fights against former world champions and nr 1 contenders I think he will never win again.
Hes on a 1 fight losing streak. Beat gastelum before that.

For very different reasons, it's awful for both Rockhold and Weidman to move up in weight. I think rockhold's heart has gone. He never had a great chin, and with is hands down and chin out, he's asking for it at MW, let alone LHW. He'll get the same as he did against Jan a whole lot more. I don't think it has anything to do with the weightclass. The only difference is "lesser fighters" will be doing it to him because they hit harder.

With Weidman, I don't think it's for the same reason, but I think the results will be the same. I think he has made some terrible mistakes in the fights he's lost. Those mistakes are his problem and not the weightclass.

Basically they'll both get hurt more for the same reasons they're getting hurt now.

Nah,
Teh Chris should go up. He isn't fighting like an idiot the way Rockhold does, and unlike him Chris can wrestle. He beats most lhws. Also him getting KOed by the ones he doesn't beat is also fine by me.

Dude, he’s been killing himself to get to 185 for years. He shouldn’t be allowed to cut to 185 anymore. He got hit by a comet by Yoel. He didn’t get hit on the chin by Jacare. I’m really excited to see him at 205. Don’t throw him into the top 5 like Rockhold though. Let’s see him against someone like Krylov, Pedro, Latifi, OSP. Or if you wanna toss him into the top 10/5 give him Corey Anderson. I love this division for him.

He cuts a lot of weight. Moving up could do him some good. Look what it did for Poirier.

Chris Weidman has a better chin than Luke Rockhold. Yeah, Rockhold beat Weidman but Weidman was starting to comeback in the third round when Rockhold was slowing down and then messed up when he threw the wheel kick. And Rockhold relies too much on body lock takedowns, especially in the Blachowicz fight. You can’t go for bodylocks on big dudes like that. You need to shoot single legs and that is what the All American can do. So I think Weidman will do better because he has a better chin and way better wrestling than Rockhold

At LHW he might have gas for 10 minutes instead of 5.

I say go for it.

<Steiner01>

Last edited:
He would be literally murdered there, His chin is way beyond shot and not only is his chin literal shit but he would be a smaller LHW. Luke Rockhold (who is better and beat weidman H2H) just got retired in his first fight There and I feel like the same would happen (would probably look worse tho .. Teh Chris has the worst ko's).

He has a better chance at MW then LHW.
Based on what? I think his chin is still ok, Rockhold always had a shit chin and poor defense....the Chris' defense isnt no way near as bad either

Feed this bum to Thiago. Another suffered KTFO on his "wonderful" curriculum.

WAR ANY OPPONENTS!

The Chris will win many fights at LHW.

Back