• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

woman in the entertainment industry
lol that's a bit of a stretch

Anyways it reeks of bullshit. I feel like most people will eventually see it as such

she makes the accusation but fails to name him (knowing a lawsuit would have been imminent). then she states if he doesn't apologize she is dropping loads of proof all over the social media. he not only doesn't apologize, he flatly refutes and likely leaks texts that strengthen his denial. and her response is to thank 'her fans' and move forward without any resolution, including proving what she said is even true? if they worked out some sort of deal they can both be relatively happy with, good on them. but the way this shit plays out publicly should make everybody uncomfortable.

Lol it's like he's predicting the future as they're taking the pic

5b252a542200003000eeba5b.jpeg

WTF is this shit, she tossed out some random accusations, wrecked his career, and then simply "moving on with my life"? WHERE'S THE DAMN PROOF DYKSTRA?! o_O

Over 7,000 people actually Liked this blatant Hit & Run. That's some scary shit.

Last edited:
Chris Hardwick Reportedly Out as Moderator of Warner Bros.' DC Movies Panel at Comic-Con
By Shabana Arif | June 20, 2018

Following allegations of abuse and sexual assault made against him by his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra, talk show host Chris Hardwick will reportedly not moderate Warner Bros.'s panel at next month's San Diego Comic-Con. The talk show host had moderated the studio's Hall H presentation for the last couple of years.

The Wrap reports that Hardwick is out. Warner Bros. will showcase their upcoming DC movies at their SDCC panel, with the first trailer for Aquaman set to debut there.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06...rom-amc-schedules-following-abuse-allegations

That has nothing to do with this case. The government isn't infringing on his rights or denying him due process.

An employer can fire you for anything in an at-will state and most actors have some sort of morals clause in a contract that gives their employer carte blanche to sever their employment over any rumblings of misbehavior.

I don't like people losing their jobs based on uncorraborated statements from an ex, but it's not an issue of constitutionality.

Already addressed what I meant earlier in this thread. I hope to waste more of your time again soon.

It ain't about the money, it's about the precedent. I hope he does sue and unravels a huge conspiracy that shuts the whole company down. Fuck em.

I don’t think this is going to set a precedent so much as wake people up and get them to start thinking whether or not automatically condemning someone who is accused is a good idea. I think this one will be the turning point.

I said at the beginning of this movement that, given how long sexual assault and harassment in the workplace and otherwise has gone unchecked, there would be a significant period of over correction. I think this is the moment when the pendulum will swing the other way a little bit.

This story pisses me off so much. This could happen to any of us after a breakup & that's some scary shit.

Yeah if everything she said is true, there's not a hint of a crime here. It's just some relationship bullshit, and every longterm relationship has some. This highlights how this fucking full blown victim movement encourages women to just sit around and invent ways that they were wronged.

We need to stop fucking treating women like little kids that never have any accountability for anything. Everything is ALWAYS a man's fault now. It's ironic that the people pushing this agenda claim to want equality, yet we're supposed to treat grown ass women like little kids that can't be responsible for their emotions or actions.
The problem with this rant is that this kind of situation is rare and abuse of women is not. While I think this situation sucks ass and that I hope the woman can be prosecuted if she's being as untruthful as it appears, it's not the case that this is happening every day all over the country or something.

I don’t think this is going to set a precedent so much as wake people up and get them to start thinking whether or not automatically condemning someone who is accused is a good idea. I think this one will be the turning point.

I said at the beginning of this movement that, given how long sexual assault and harassment in the workplace and otherwise has gone unchecked, there would be a significant period of over correction. I think this is the moment when the pendulum will swing the other way a little bit.
I agree. I'm somewhat optimistic that employers and everyone else will be less quick to react in a knee-jerk fashion at the mere accusation of wrongdoing. Ansari's issue wasn't enough to do it so I hope this incident will.

The problem with this rant is that this kind of situation is rare and abuse of women is not. While I think this situation sucks ass and that I hope the woman can be prosecuted if she's being as untruthful as it appears, it's not the case that this is happening every day all over the country or something.
See I have a big problem with that logic. One thing I end up saying a lot around here, is one wrong event doesn't make another wrong event ok. There have been more and more highly publicized cases like this in the last few years. Whether it's these me too allegations, or rape accusations on campuses, we're seeing an effort being made to redefine rape and abuse. To be anything that hurt someone's feelings.

Now it should go without saying that I don't support sexual, physical, or psychological abuse of women. But I don't support men being railroaded merely off of an accusation with no proof either. And we shouldn't wait to oppose anything that's unfair, using the logic that it's not ruining enough lives yet. Furthermore, it's important to vehemently oppose and shame people making these false accusations, because they hurt legitimate rape victims as well.

Chris Hardwick and Chloe Dykstra Texts Show She Wanted to Reconcile After Breakup
6/19/2018

0619-chris-hardwick-texts-sub-tmz-3.jpg

Chris Hardwick severed ties with Chloe Dykstra in a lengthy text chronicling major issues in their relationship, and she pleaded to talk to him afterward to no avail ... even months later.

According to the text messages -- obtained by TMZ -- Chris calls out Chloe for cheating on him with a man named Sam, saying it's "the worst thing anyone has ever done to me." Chris claims Chloe led him to believe she wanted to get back together after they broke up ... but never stopped seeing Sam.

Hardwick more or less tells Dykstra his long text message will be the last time he talks to her and declares their relationship is over, and she then sends several texts begging to talk, saying, "I will always love you."

According to the text thread, Chloe reached out to Chris 7 months later in an apparent attempt to make up. Sources close to Chris say it's hard to believe Chloe would try for months to get back with him if she was being emotionally and sexually abused, as she claimed last week.

As we reported ... Hardwick denied her allegation of sexual abuse and said their breakup after a 3-year relationship was the result of her cheating.

We reached out to Chloe ... so far, no word back.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/19/chris-hardwick-chloe-dykstra-breakup-cheating-text-messages/
Lmao WTF?
Can't believe I read that whole exchange, but what a fucking cunt this Chloe chick is. I feel even worse for Chris because even though he was the one wronged, he still tried to be the bigger man. I briefly dated a manipulative piece of trash that seems very much like this chick.

She cheated on Chris with a dude he works with for an extended period of time, the guy was desperately in love with her enough to consider taking her back, she strings him along for a while giving him hope that he still has a "chance" with her, and he finally mans up and breaks it off. But he doesn't go for revenge--he says he'll not make any of this public, and he wishes her the best in life, lol and 3 years later, out of the fucking blue, she tries to ruin this guy?
That is some world class cunt shit

And shame on AMC for not better trusting their man. Chris worked for them a long while now. The least they could've done was give him a chance to clear his name before believing some random ho ho.
<DisgustingHHH>

Agreed. Some people want to use this situation to “prove” just that though. Just like how some people want to use the me too movement for their nefarious means as it appears is happening in this situation.

See I have a big problem with that logic. One thing I end up saying a lot around here, is one wrong event doesn't make another wrong event ok. There have been more and more highly publicized cases like this in the last few years. Whether it's these me too allegations, or rape accusations on campuses, we're seeing an effort being made to redefine rape and abuse. To be anything that hurt someone's feelings.

Now it should go without saying that I don't support sexual, physical, or psychological abuse of women. But I don't support men being railroaded merely off of an accusation with no proof either. And we shouldn't wait to oppose anything that's unfair, using the logic that it's not ruining enough lives yet. Furthermore, it's important to vehemently oppose and shame people making these false accusations, because they hurt legitimate rape victims as well.

Nothing here was contrary to what he said. All he said was that despite cases like these, sexual abuse still happens every day.

Answer honest. Do you know more men that have abused a woman or do you know more men who have dated an absolute crazy woman ?

What Im getting at is that I dont think abuse towards women is rare however I do think crazy women abusing men tends to really get overlooked and is hiding in plain sight

Nothing here was contrary to what he said. All he said was that despite cases like these, sexual abuse still happens every day.
Well sure, was there somehow confusion about that? Unlike a lot of people here I don't come from a soft background. I grew up watching, experiencing, and hearing about abuse. Nobody needs to tell me it happens I've known that since I was six. I never said or implied abuse doesn't happen.

Answer honest. Do you know more men that have abused a woman or do you know more men who have dated an absolute crazy woman ?

What Im getting at is that I dont think abuse towards women is rare however I do think crazy women abusing men tends to really get overlooked and is hiding in plain sight
I honestly don't have enough data to answer that in terms of people I know personally. I have rarely heard of much of either. But it pays to consider a man may be a lot more likely to describe his ex that way even if she wasn't than for a woman to make a false accusation of abuse. That is, unless there is some data that says otherwise that I haven't seen?

EDIT:
"What’s clear is that the spectre of false allegation continues to dog the reporting of sexual violence. There remains a public impression that false allegations are common and that innocent people suffer as the result of being wrongfully accused.

The evidence on false allegations fails to support public anxiety that untrue reporting is common. While the statistics on false allegations vary – and refer most often to rape and sexual assault – they are invariably and consistently low. Research for the Home Officesuggests that only 4% of cases of sexual violence reported to the UK police are found or suspected to be false. Studies carried out in Europe and in the US indicate rates of between 2% and 6%.

It’s important to recognise that even official statistics on false reporting can and have been inflated by other factors. Sometimes police record cases as “no crime” or “unfounded”. This can happen when it’s difficult to attain sufficient corroborating evidence. There is, however, a big difference between the inability to demonstrate in court that an offence has happened and claiming that these cases are false. These sorts of cases have nevertheless been conflated with false allegations.

False allegations have also been conflated with other kinds sexual violence complaints that have been logged as “no crime”. For example, sometimes people contact the police because they are worried that a crime might have been committed. Sometimes these concerns are raised with the police by a third party (a friend, relative or partner). Sometimes people contact the police because they have no memory of a period of time and are worried something may have been done to them. People often express relief when the results of medical examinations show no evidence of assault. These are not cases of false allegation. Despite this, there hasn’t always been a way of distinguishing these cases from false complaints when logging incidents as “no crime”."
-- http://theconversation.com/heres-the-truth-about-false-accusations-of-sexual-violence-88049

Last edited:
Well sure, was there somehow confusion about that? Unlike a lot of people here I don't come from a soft background. I grew up watching, experiencing, and hearing about abuse. Nobody needs to tell me it happens I've known that since I was six. I never said or implied abuse doesn't happen.

There does seem to be some confusion about it, yes. Some people seem to think that one such frivolous allegation means that all allegations, unless substantiated by proof, are equally as frivolous. And others seem to think that all allegations are legitimate no matter what. Sherdoggers are the former, almost as a rule.

Back