• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Chris Daukaus addresses his chin issues and admits 'I was fat 205er'

I say if Tyson didn't get hooked on drugs and living that life he smokes most people in his prime and beyond.
Maybe. Problem is he burned out so fast. And mental toughness is part of the game.

It's always been kind of odd to me that so many people rank him so highly all time, based purely on his early career potential.

Maybe. Problem is he burned out so fast. And mental toughness is part of the game.

It's always been kind of odd to me that so many people rank him so highly all time, based purely on his early career potential.

He burned the candle at both ends sir.
I know from personal experience what that can do to a person.

As unfortunate as that is, it happened.

Quoting "fat 205er" makes it sound like he has been fighting at LHW and MW is his natural division. Funny statement.

Mike Tyson was 5'10 and dominated HW boxing, Daukaus is 6'2 and feels he needs to cut to LHW or MW to succeed: the absolute state of modern MMA fighters.
Tyson wasn't fat

Tyson got his ass whooped by Lewis, a real heavyweight. Tyson wouldn’t have been able to hang with the Klitschko bros and Fury, he’s way too small
I’m not saying you’re wrong especially as the size of HW’s has risen over the years but… his power is otherworldly for his size. One of my good friends sparred with Foreman (for his Moore comeback fight) and was a regular sparring partner for Tyson and said in his opinion and in the opinion of everyone around Tyson during his prime, that there was never another HW in history that hit as hard or as fast as him. I won’t say any names but my boy also happened to have fought Lennox Lewis professionally.

Obviously Foreman was old pre Moore fight but still power is the last thing to go. He spoke very very highly of Foreman’s power but said it was nothing compared to Tyson. My boy was 22 at the time of the Foreman camp.

The version of Lennox Lewis that beat an old, washed Tyson would've done the same to 1988 Mike Tyson. The size, skill, and composure at close range would've been too much for him in any era.

Bro got knocked out cold in his prime by Hasim Rahman, pipe that noise down.

<{outtahere}>

lol how could he fold vs Spinks and Holmes? it was 1 way traffic for the majority of those fights all for Tyson. a better comparison is how he never quit vs Buster Douglas even after getting bombed on. came back to drop Buster and then still got up even after getting his shit rocked. i don't know why guys think Tyson is a quitter.
Same when he fought razor ruddick those were wars.. he was never a quitter.. and actually got stopped by Evander while still on his feet.. he was a tough mother fucker

Prime for prime:
Lewis > Bowe > Holyfield > Tyson

Yeah, but thats hypothetical. They didn't fight in their early 20s because Lennox wasn't even a pro then. What we know for sure is Lennox dog-walked Tyson, and it's not ridiculous to assume that he would've done the same at any point in his career. The size, power, and skill was too much. I'd pick Lennox to beat literally any heavyweight ever.
That's a bunch of b.s. Mike at 36 was no where what he was at 23 and Lennox was no where what he was at 23 then he was at 36. That fight would have been completely different if it happened earlier.

And Tyson fury most definitely could beat any version of Lennox same with the klitschko Brothers. Trust me there was a reason he didn't give Vitali that post fight promise of a rematch.

Lennox was good but most definitely beatable. If Oliver McCall and rahman knock you out and you go life and death with ray Mercer you are very beatable

Damn all that previous fat has made his skin look all saggy and s***. His body looks like it's melting away.

People have different frames and builds.

This was Tyson around 220lbs.

main-qimg-5190da3b59c91b8ddef6c111f06731c6.webp

Here's Daukus at 235bs, guy looks like a MW with an extra 30lbs of fat.

GettyImages-1266507566.jpg

He's got in better shape since though.

20220325071352_Chris_Daukaus_ff.JPG
Good god that looks more than 30lbs.

Lol, he was 23 years old when he fought Buster Douglas. You act like he was washed. Jon Jones was a mess on drugs who barely trained for the entirety of his prime, but somehow kept winning. The revisionist history of Mike Tyson has gotten out of hand lately.

Bum Douglas whooped that ass bad

I would say Khalil Rountree is a sure bet if he didn’t have a shaky chin himself

Quoting "fat 205er" makes it sound like he has been fighting at LHW and MW is his natural division. Funny statement.

Mike Tyson was 5'10 and dominated HW boxing, Daukaus is 6'2 and feels he needs to cut to LHW or MW to succeed: the absolute state of modern MMA fighters.
Mike Tyson would be a LHW if he was in the UFC today. Most UFC LHW’s cut from at or heavier than Mike weighed in most of his fights.

There are exceptions like Fedor but for the most part, guys go to the lowest division they can make weight in for MMA where boxing, everybody wants to fight up. Most cruiserweights dream of going up to HW because in boxing, the HW division is the most prominent.

Chris absolutely was just a fat LHW fighting at HW. He’s trimmed some of the gut so let’s see how he does. I’m intrigued by how this will go. I thought he could make some waves at HW due to his speed but he got clipped by much larger monsters at HW.

Back