Cholesterol and Saturated Fat Myths Addressed Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTrainer

Red Belt
Reaction score
It seems we still get a LOT of questions from people who still think dietary cholesterol and saturated fat are vile substances with no purpose other than to clog arteries and kill people. Thus, their consumption should be avoided. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

How plaques actually form, and a ton of other good information
http://www.wfac-gym.com/files/badscience.pdf

Mark's Daily Apple excellent general references on the topic:
The Definitive Guide to Cholesterol | Mark's Daily Apple
8 Foods to Lower LDL Cholesterol, Boost HDL Cholesterol, and Fight Inflammation | Mark's Daily Apple
Is Saturated Fat Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Some prestigious Krauss work:
Whole Health Source: Krauss's New Article on Saturated Fat Intervention Trials
Whole Health Source: New Saturated Fat Review Article by Dr. Ronald Krauss

John Berardi vid:
New Video: Are Eggs Good or Bad? | Precision Nutrition

Eades:
Cholesterol and heart disease: no correlation | The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.

Misc:
Carbs against Cardio: More Evidence that Refined Carbohydrates, not Fats, Threaten the Heart: Scientific American
What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie? - NYTimes.com
Mark Hyman, MD: Why Cholesterol May Not Be the Cause Of Heart Disease

Mike says look at these:
http://www.gunnarlindgren.com/nutritionx.pdf
spiked-essays | Essay | The Great Cholesterol Myth
Saturated Fat : Men's Health

This is just a tiny, very tiny sampling of the information available on this topic (I made this thread in about 10 minutes with links I knew off the top of my head), just to demonstrate the folly of the conventional wisdom on this topic.

Last edited:
I added it to the FAQs. I'm fairly certain this info was in there already, but now it's near impossible to miss.

I don't get it... so egg yolks are bad for me right?

Awesome post, thank you! Loved the Berardi video. So tired of the "eggs are bad" "yolks are bad" misinformation.

Sure, thanks. I'll make a category for links added like yours and update this thread in a few days with them.

Subscribed, thanks for this info.

Those ARE the cliff notes, man :D

Would you rather I link the full texts of the hundreds of studies that substantiate the above links :)?

Anytime Xtrainer, I'm sick and tired of warning my Dad (on his grain/carb fuelled diet) about the sat fat myth and to be honest it's pissing me off. So anything good regarding the issue I'll post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back