Chocolate

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by steelcitysaint, Aug 14, 2005.

1. steelcitysaint

steelcitysaint Banned Banned

I keep to a pretty healthy diet, except I absolutly love chocolate, I eat some just about every day and was wondering if thats completely screwing up my diet or if thats the only thing I splurge on if its ok?

2. JP

JP You're a n00b

I read recently a small amount of dark chocolate every day is actually good for you. I'm no expert, but I don't think I need to be to tell you that, no, splurging on chocolate is not ok.

3. Brandinho

Brandinho Guest

Moderation is always the key. I would never "splurge" though. As long as it is not an everyday thing, I wouldn't worry too much. Of course, if you are training for competitions or serious events, I wouldn't eat it period.

4. LCDforMe

LCDforMe Purple Belt

I believe dark chocolate like 70+% cocoa is the best for you. But then again, it's still very high in saturated fat. I try my hardest to just not eat the shit that is unhealthy, even just for a treat.

Once in a while though, go for it. Life's to short to miss out on the things you love...even chocolate.