Chizzling Up!!

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by MrMuayThai, Sep 22, 2005.

1. MrMuayThai

MrMuayThai Yellow Belt

I'm about 195lbs, good muscles, but have some lbs to lose. I work out 7 days a week, run 3x a week w/ other cardio between those days, I want to tone the muscles I have quick without getting much bigger. How can I do that? I eat relatively well and would prefer to weight a healthy 200lbs.

Any advice is appreciated...

2. surf2live2surf

surf2live2surf Yellow Belt

With you being so active it sounds like your diet is what needs work. Eat clean foods, cut back a little on your crabs and keep exercising how you are and you should lose the fat.

3. supersudo

supersudo Purple Belt

working out 7 days a week?.. shouldn't u give your body some recovery time?.. also.. look around at other threads because all the advice for good eating, what to buy supplement-wise and such are all mostly the same and have already been answered. :wink:

4. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

Lifting 7 days a week is way too much. Cut back to 5 at the most. If you want definition, do higher reps (14-20) and try to perform them in a very controlled manner. Isometrics are great for definition too (so on the squat, hold for 2 seconds at the bottom; on the bench, hold for 2 seconds with the bar an inch above your chest).

Otherwise, yeah, it's all about BF%, and consequently, diet.