chinese food

dayofdaspookies

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
apparently chinese food is poison to your body. can anyone clarify if this is just processed food certain dishes or chinese food as a whole.

all of it is bad for all of your body. that's why there are only 1 billion 3 hundred twenty four million 6 hundred fifty-five thousand Chinese people in China. If their food wasn't poisonous there might be more.

tons of msg, generally. i think moderation, like everything, is key. cuz sometimes you just gotta have it.

They are definatly talking about americanized chinese food. And it is not all poison. I think they are talking about MSG, and other things they add to it. And you know what? I live in China, the fresh vegatables and fruit, is actually fresh. Meat is fresh. And these people use the shit out of MSG, these oils, and soy sauce, And they live just as long if not longer than than anyone else.

Alot of americanized chinese food add in things that we like...cheese,alot of sugar or salt. and also if they order there food from gordons or another huge restaurant supplier that shit is bad too. But as for actual chinese food, it is much healthier than back home, lots of vegetables, fruit,rice, and they drink way more water than we do.

"Takeaway Chinese" as it is called in the UK is different to the food I experienced in Hong Kong. The takeout menu is a very focused small portion of what you find over there, and there is a whole bunch of crap on the menu you would never find. Like "deep fried chicken balls" what the fuck.

Anyway you can eat healthy with Chinese food, just look for legit stuff. Otherwise you'll be eating a shitton of salt (for taste) and not many fresh vegetables.

i'm pretty sure everything you get from any chinee foo anywhere in the states is simply plopped out of a plastic bag and heated up. otherwise, i have no idea how every single restaurant manages to achieve a perfectly uniform level of wretchedness.

The two main restaurants that I eat at the most are an authentic Mexican place and a Chinese buffet. I ate the Chinese buffet for cheat meals even when I was cutting 30+ lbs. When I was doing that, I'd just cut back on the rice a bit. I wouldn't be too concerned if you aren't eating Chinese daily.

gtc.jpg

i would eat this all day and night if i could LOL....

all of it is bad for all of your body. that's why there are only 1 billion 3 hundred twenty four million 6 hundred fifty-five thousand Chinese people in China. If their food wasn't poisonous there might be more.

"poison to your body" was figure of speech. I meant is it fucking terrible for you?

Yeah it's the bastardization of Chinese food that kills any diet. The buffets are full of deep fried things and sauces galore on everything. I went to a buffet for a cheat day and plugged what I ate into fit day, and one meal was 1700 calories and I wasn't full. So yeah...that shit will make you fat real fast if you eat a lot of it, because chances are, you'll be eating something else when you get home. As for real chinese food....never had it, but I know it's a lot more nutritious than chicken balls, honey garlic chicken wings, etc.

as mentioned, have some proper chinese food...steamed eggs and fish, stir fried veges and the likes

DO NOT compare chinese food in the west to real chinese food...oh wait, is that even chinese at all?

as mentioned, have some proper chinese food...steamed eggs and fish, stir fried veges and the likes

DO NOT compare chinese food in the west to real chinese food...oh wait, is that even chinese at all?

This is the truth.

Most Chinese dishes are vegetable-heavy with only slivers of meat. + steamed rice.

Most of the food you see in Western Chinese restaurants is truly as someone else mentioned, 'a bastardization' of what Chinese food truly is.

TS-Do a google search on Chinese Cuisine, you will see such a variety of food it will change the way you think about 'chinese food.'

Chinese food is great , i added 56 pounds on the chinese food diet

I just need to get back in the gym now and loose it again

gtc.jpg

i would eat this all day and night if i could LOL....

Oh lawdy. I remember when my cheat meals would consist of that, spring rolls and a milkshake for dessert.

I miss good Chinese food, the Chinese folks in the desert aren't as legit as those on the coast.

No. Most traditional asian cuisines are healthy for you, which is why many of those nations have longer lifespans than the average American even though our medical research is top notch.

Most "Chinese" restaurants which you see in the US (and several posts have already indicated this) serve deep-fried meat with a ton of salt. Basically like every other restaurant in the US. General Tsao's chicken (and its varient spellings) was invented in NYC, not China.

Traditional or high quality Chinese food= full of win and healthy
American/Westernize Chinese Food= MSG plus Tons of Salt and many other shit

No. Most traditional asian cuisines are healthy for you, which is why many of those nations have longer lifespans than the average American even though our medical research is top notch.

Most "Chinese" restaurants which you see in the US (and several posts have already indicated this) serve deep-fried meat with a ton of salt. Basically like every other restaurant in the US. General Tsao's chicken (and its varient spellings) was invented in NYC, not China.

The average life expectancy for American females is 80.4, 75.6 years for men.
The average life expectancy for Chinese females is 74.8 , 71.3 for men.

The five leading causes of death in the United States of America are:
1. heart disease
2. malignant neoplasm (cancer)
3. cerebro-vascular disease (stroke)
4. chronic lower respiratory disease
5.accidents

The five leading causes of death in China are:
1. malignant neoplasm
2. heart disease
3. cerebro-vascular disease
4. accidents
5. infectious disease