Economy China is fast becoming the most innovative country in the world

Whenever Russia or China do something impressive Americans get really butthurt and start with the racially degrading tropes of soulless copycats/cheap and shoddy/no regard for human life/totalitarian hellhole/American money is really behind this etc.

Well done China!
I have no problem giving credit, but china needs to be viewed with skepticism. Until a year or two ago their 5th Gen fighter j20 relied on Russian(lol) engines because China was unable to make them. China seems more concerned with propaganda and glittering generality than reality

I can see that perspective. Japan and Korea just have genuinely good aspects to their culture, so it's more like accidental soft power. China doesn't have that, all they have is state propaganda to distort reality. It genuinely works, a lot of normies think China is very advanced when in reality it's very backwards in all kinds of ways. China isn't great at their soft power like say Russia, they're so-so. They have their little minions distribute bogus stories in social media and a lot of people buy into it.
That's because it's both. China is both advanced and poor. It's a massive country. We're talking about the third largest nation (arguable whether you count bodies of water or not) on the planet. First tier cities in China are amazing places to live. They're safe, clean, offer cheap public transportation, etc. Then you have 50% of the country living outside of these areas that probably make a 1000 dollars a year and have pretty difficult lives. China haters will focus on the latter and the tankies will focus on stuff like highspeed rail.

I think the main issue is that China has changed so much in the last few years that peoples' perception of the nation is far behind what it really is today. There's a video of Sean Strickland talking to a journalist of Chinese descent and he's like "this food sucks, but I guess this is nice over there since you don't have any food." This type of commentary would be more appropriate if we were talking about their grandparents' era. He's not the only one to think this, I get a lot of comments about how I could possibly live there in the past or even visit every other year.

China is having a tech boom and is becoming the most innovative country in the world, surpassing the US. They just had a breakthrough in solar panel technology in its efficiency, too, and they have a very tight grip on that as well as drone technology, battery technology, among other things

Well yeah, they steal all our tech and improve on it. They've been doing it forever. A tech company here had engineers with trying to sell designs to China.........

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-charged-with-secrets-theft-for-chinese-firm

China is having a tech boom and is becoming the most innovative country in the world, surpassing the US. They just had a breakthrough in solar panel technology in its efficiency, too, and they have a very tight grip on that as well as drone technology, battery technology, among other things

I told folks a long time ago shenzhen was gonna surpass silicon valley they can get shit done way faster there. China surpassing the u.s was most visible to me in the head phone market they can build a headphone with bluetooth 5.3 for 17 bucks on amazon the u.s was building crap headphones with Bluetooth 5.0 for 100 bucks not long ago.

Best at copying other people's shit and making shitty versions of it
That is no longer true they are now making quality products their QA went way up most evident in the knife market brands like civivi and WE and headphone market and this a disturbing precedent because they are also innovating. They do steal the designs but they are no longer making crap And they are doing it for cheap and faster than the u.s.

People used to say the same thing about Japan in the 1950s. People are so short sighted. China's evolution in just the last 20 years is staggering.

That is no longer true they are now making quality products their QA went way up most evident in the knife market brands like civivi and WE and headphone market and this a disturbing precedent because they are also innovating. They do steal the designs but they are no longer making crap And they are doing it for cheap and faster than the u.s.

I'll throw in my 2 cents since I'm pretty deep in both of these markets. Knives are not exactly hard to make, what the Chinese do is use automation to stuff a bunch of features into knives at price points that no one else can really match. In terms of actual quality, there's nothing really special. They can do a decent job heat treating simpler steels like 14C28N or 8CR13MOV, but throw something like D2 or M390 at them and the results are usually shit - they can't harden the steel consistently and it performs like crap. For affordable daily use knives though, the Chinese stuff is pretty good.

As for headphones, the results are mixed. They do a decent job cloning dynamic driver headphones, but with electrostatic or planar magnetic headphones which require tighter tolerances and more advanced manufacturing methods they still leave much to be desired. It's not uncommon to have mis-matched drivers or frequency response curves that don't meet the specs. Their hi-fi electronics are mostly turds, they're stuck in the 70s philosophy of using tons of negative feedback to chase low distortion numbers which screws up stability and compromises real world performance. There's also a bunch of dumbass circuit design like using giant capacitors right after the rectifier which causes large current spikes and a ton of electrical and radio frequency noise.

Most of the good Chinese audio gear traces its origins to the Hong Kong hi-fi scene of the 70s to 90s - they got all the good stuff from Japan, US, and Europe, reverse engineered it, then adopted their design concepts.

Change the OP title then…

But never forget… Robert Cop

I wouldn't pay much attention to him.
To cross reference it I watched the “debunk” video for that particular podcast. It was horrible and didn’t debunk shit. Kept revolving around “oh well he doesn’t speak Chinese and doesn’t live there bla bla”.

So I mean…

What we've seen for products like electronics is that they steal the tech, saving millions or billions in development costs, and then they output very competitively-priced products that are popular in the third-world market who can't afford western brands. A company like Apple for example spends billions a year in R&D, stealing the tech makes a big difference in the bottom line. Like you say they're making quality products now. They're excellent copycats, but not good at innovating at all.

lol @ all the people shitting on China in here

Here's how much high-speed rail this supposed shit-tier country has:
china-high-speed-railway-map.jpg

Here's how much high-speed rail the wealthiest country in the history of humanity has:

lol @ all the people shitting on China in here

Here's how much high-speed rail this supposed shit-tier country has:
china-high-speed-railway-map.jpg

Here's how much high-speed rail the wealthiest country in the history of humanity has:
Ever been to China??? There is nothing special about this rail/train system. And to be honest it was a forced necessity. The population is so dense they HAD to create it.

headphone with bluetooth 5.3 for 17 bucks on amazon the u.s was building crap headphones with Bluetooth 5.0 for 100 bucks not long ago.
Can you send me a link to exactly what you are talking about? I just got some Chinese air pod knock offs from china that only last 22 minutes on a full charge.

Here's the worst of Chinese exports. Anyone else here about this story?? I haven't seen a thread on it.

Can you send me a link to exactly what you are talking about? I just got some Chinese air pod knock offs from china that only last 22 minutes on a full charge.
There are several brands but off the top of my head uliptz makes a good pair of Bluetooth 5.3 head phones on amazon for about 19 bucks right now the Price went up. As for ear buds these zingbird are good I got them for 12 bucks on sale.

China so innovative that they're constantly trying to steal everybody's tech.
China filed over 2x more international patents on WIPO, I guess they are stealing things from you that you haven't even created yet.

China filed over 2x more international patents on WIPO, I guess they are stealing things from you that you haven't even created yet.

The Chinese often steal IP and then file patents first before the inventors. Their system is a first to file one. Or they slightly tweak existing IP and then patent that.

I can name countless examples of Chinese companies stealing IP. The Chinese engage in tons of industrial espionage. Of course, other people all over the world also do this, but the Chinese are encouraged by their government to do it.

Samsung invented the foldable screen tech in their phones. Some Samsung engineers were later found to have been bribed by Huawei and other Chinese companies to steal the tech.

All of their fighter jets are derivatives of Russian Su planes.

Why Increasing Numbers of Chinese Companies Steal IP from Foreign Companies

Back