China Deploys Fighter Jets To Contested Island in South China Sea

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by GhostZ06, Feb 23, 2016.

1. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...ts-contested-island-south-china-sea/80824116/

i love how US news outlets act like US ships cant defend themselves and have overwhelmingly good capability's to take out air units and negate sams.

2. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

[​IMG]
    http://defense-update.com/20160218_woody_island_hq9.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

http://defense-update.com/20160223_chinese_radars.html

Sighs* Dick move, by a dick government...

4. Tropodan

Tropodan Silver Belt Platinum Member

Ghost do you believe that the US will continue to fly Orions over those islands now that the Chinese have deployed SAM's on their man made islands?

5. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

Probably, but then again Chinese pilots are horrible, remeber all the incidents we've had with shitty chinese pilots? They've been using the P-8s, and sailing Destroyer all around the island. i dont think the US gives a fuck, China claims 80% of the South china sea, so basically our allies the Philippians can use the beach

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  6. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

The US should build their own artifical islands in the disputed territories . What is China going to do about it. The US can do this in coalition with neighbouring nations that are disputing China's claim.

7. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Platinum Member

I don't see how the US is going to hold the south China sea shipping lane, in the long term.

China obviously wants military control over the shipping lane off of its coast, and I think they are willing to go further to get it, than we should be willing to go to maintain our control of it.

JDragon likes this.
  8. ocean size

ocean size Black Belt

You need an atoll or reef to start with to smother with sand, and its a real dick move to pull to trash an ecological hotspot like that.

9. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Platinum Member

I had this thought earlier of a new arms race, where instead of building weapons, we build islands.

This is a form of warfare I can back.

10. Boagrius

Boagrius Blue Belt

No need, the U.S already has CVN strike groups for that - the kind that (unlike these islands) are likely to survive the first day of an actual shooting war. Still v provocative of the Chinese though...

11. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

And submarines being based in Aussie lands and the Philippians

12. Tropodan

I don't think it's honest to use incidents of Chinese provocation as evidence that their pilots are shitty. They are intentionally being dangerous. China is definitely behind on training no doubt, but your video doesn't compliment that. I would wager that America will not fly so close to those islands anymore.

13. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

They will probably sail and use submarines, drones an what not.

14. Abezal

Abezal Banned Banned

Why don't the us just sent in a Carrier task force or two, have sail right by the island as close as possible.

15. Tropodan

I said it before and was attacked here, Obama failed miserably on this issue, they should have blown up those islands when the Chinese started breaking international law before they had a military presence on the island. Now again, America loses the long game to Chinese passive aggressive tactics and will lose influence in the region. In 20 years America won't be sailing their Navy through there without permission either.

16. Selukrid612

Selukrid612 Red Belt

Woody is not an artificial island and has a population of 1,500 people. Looking at the map it's actually one of China's more reasonable claims and seems like it should belong to them.

17. Arkain2K

Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

If all those East Asian countries couldn't stop bickering with one another and start working together to push back China's advances, they're not worth saving.

18. Handsomebwonderfull

Handsomebwonderfull Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Because it's a small stationary target. That always works well in the pacific.

(We'd just bomb it back into the sea) the Chinese play by a script everyone knows. The Chinese are so arrogant they don't realize we know their slow slow quick game, we just don't care.

I had to work with the Chinese for years. You have no idea about how arrogant they are. They really play very passive aggressive games with long term ends. Then time and time again right at the end we'd f*ck them after all the effort they'd put into stuff. As long you have them some nonsense merit badge to placate their giant egos they'd be happy.

KILL KILL likes this.
  19. Videer

Videer Brown Belt

You are right but it is just not only this case that made the Chinese to go with these plans more rapidly that I thought they would, it is from Syrian not all that red lines to a nearly non-action in Ukraine. Xi and Putin are not going to stop pushing as long as all they meet is mush.

20. Abezal

Abezal Banned Banned

Quite true, hell why wouldnt they keep pushing if it works. Only way anyone stops ever in anything is when shit stops working and or some one pushes back.