• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chimaev has brought out the dumbest takes in Sherdog history.

PlasticFishBowl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I used to think only Conor was capable of bringing out this level of delusion, but the recent heel turn by Khamzat has MMA fans saying stuff like:

“Khamzat only has one round of cardio. Colby will drown him.”

“Burns is just a bloated lightweight.”

“He was scared of Nate and ducked the fight.”

Khamzat is the gift that keeps on giving. Got the American fans so deranged they are pulling Olympic gold medal level mental gymnastics to justify how he actually isn’t anything special.

if you promote a guy as a 3 weight classes future champion.
He wins a close split decision against Burns.
What do you expect?
Off course everybody would consider him to be overrated.
A fighter is measured by the expectation and perception that is sold.

if you promote a guy as a 3 weight classes future champion.
He wins a close split decision against Burns.
What do you expect?
Off course everybody would consider him to be overrated.
A fighter is measured by the expectation and perception that is sold.

3 weights? Lol are people thinking he will be a LHW champ or LW? In addition to WW and MW

Yeah Americans are the most thin-skinned fanbase on the planet and it isn't even close.
Khamzat did the right thing to not apologize to those spitting all over him.
hMkAbkQ.gif

Yeah the hate is real on this one. The guy beat the number 2 ranked WW and just steamrolled a 10-15 ranked WW and apparently no one thinks he’s earned shit.

I get that he missed weight but Olivera has missed weight 5 fucking times and no one cares about that. I say give him one more fight at WW to prove he can still make weight and then it’s title time.

A lot of Sherdog latches on to any reason at all to slag on fighters. And a great many Sherdoggers will grasp onto anything they can to justify their hate.

The more he wins, the more hate he will receive. It is what it is.

I used to think only Conor was capable of bringing out this level of delusion, but the recent heel turn by Khamzat has MMA fans saying stuff like:

Khamzat is the gift that keeps on giving. Got the American fans so deranged they are pulling Olympic gold medal level mental gymnastics to justify how he actually isn’t anything special.
Those are not the dumbest takes on Sherdog. Not even close.

There was a time when some Sherdoggers actually believed that Ronda could beat half of the men's BW division

Last edited:

Him ducking Nate is stupid.

Burns is not a big fighter at 170.

He slowed down as the Burns fight went later and he was breathing hard after one round with Holland. Colby 100 percent has a better tank and if it went to late rounds in a 5 round fight Colby would put it on him.

Matchup wise he showed that he is a top 5 fighter against burns but he has clear weaknesses opponents could exploit. Him bumrushing for a takedown is a risk that's paid off so far.

Please don't say American fans as if we all think the same sir.
There's plenty of fans from across the pond that are saying the same shit.

Khamzat is a beast and I believe he'll keep getting better with every fight.

Matchup wise he showed that he is a top 5 fighter against burns but he has clear weaknesses opponents could exploit. Him bumrushing for a takedown is a risk that's paid off so far.

He doesn't bumrush for a takedown every fight so good luck trying to figure out when it's coming.

i mean its not altogether surprising after missing weight against a fan favorite that (probably rightfully so) also made a point of doubling down on calling him out for it. Also, twice the opponents resulted in twice the shit-talking.

Reactions: HHJ

Nah, I think a lot of people were pissed he came in at 178.5 for the Diaz fight, basically not giving two shits about making weight.

Khamzat is a great fighter from what I/we have seen of him thus far. There really is no denying that.

Back