Chidaoba Georgian (Folk)Traditional Wrestling -VIDEO-

judogido

Aussie!, Aussie!, Aussie! ...
Reaction score
I love that "grappling" is not purely restricted to BJJ, judo, wrestling and sambo. So whenever I stumble across a new "style" it's like discovering a new flavour ice-cream:

the fact that they compete in dirt reminds me of a documentary I saw on an Indian wrestling school. the pupils live there and have a very strict schedule and training regiment like sumo wrestlers but with less sushi.

Cool vid, you can see why Georgians are very good at Judo. Also Sambo jackets have the same shoulder lapel.

All countries in that region have their own wrestling styles...belt wrestling, Kurash etc.

Cool vid, you can see why Georgians are very good at Judo. Also Sambo jackets have the same shoulder lapel.

All countries in that region have their own wrestling styles...belt wrestling, Kurash etc.

This has always been my theory as to why kurtka have the epauletes. The propoganda is about military uniforms. But, I think it was really about designing a jacket attractive to the regional wrestlers of the time...who often used vests.

This has always been my theory as to why kurtka have the epauletes. The propoganda is about military uniforms. But, I think it was really about designing a jacket attractive to the regional wrestlers of the time...who often used vests.

Yeah, annoying when some guys simply think Sambo is a 100% rip off of Judo. Regional wrestling styles ( that are older than Judo ) were just as important in Sambo's creation.

I wouldn't say that. Judo is the most popular grappling style in Russia and the world really. Its influence is obviously gonna be heavier, if for no other reason then the fact that more Sambo fighter are gonna be training and competing in it then these Folk styles.

Theres a reason why most Sambo clubs are also Judo clubs and not some obscure Folk wrestling style.

I wouldn't say that. Judo is the most popular grappling style in Russia and the world really. Its influence is obviously gonna be heavier, if for no other reason then the fact that more Sambo fighter are gonna be training and competing in it then these Folk styles.

Theres a reason why most Sambo clubs are also Judo clubs and not some obscure Folk wrestling style.

My point being that Sambo isnt just Judo + leg locks.

Jacket wrestling looks the same all over the world, the human body only has so many ways to move, react etc.

Seriously Kurash looks identical to Judo...only leg techniques allowed and zero groundwork (prehaps the IJF want this?).

maybe the reason judo is popular is simply because it's an olympic sport, however it does not mean that judo was the end all be all in the creation of sambo. Jacketed wrestling in cold ass countries? WHo would have thought?

Off topic but I noticed everything is red or blue.

Republicans and Democrats. Bloods and Crips. Singlets. Judo gi's and this. Anyone know why the human race loves these two colors?

I agree. We hoomans should have an affinity for purple and orange instead.

And judo gis are blue and white.

Is this the wrestling style that Rustam Chsiev supposedly trains in?

maybe the reason judo is popular is simply because it's an olympic sport, however it does not mean that judo was the end all be all in the creation of sambo. Jacketed wrestling in cold ass countries? WHo would have thought?

Georgia has mediteranean climate.

Off topic but I noticed everything is red or blue.

Republicans and Democrats. Bloods and Crips. Singlets. Judo gi's and this. Anyone know why the human race loves these two colors?

You might want to double check that info, but I heard that it comes from the 1950"s when they started to show wrestling contests on TV.

Apparently, and surprisingly, the colors that give the best contrast in black and white, are not black and white but red and blue.

I love that "grappling" is not purely restricted to BJJ, judo, wrestling and sambo. So whenever I stumble across a new "style" it's like discovering a new flavour ice-cream:

Some crazy osoto gari @ 2:50.

Also, take a look at what happens at 5:40....amazing. The technique in itself is not spectacular, but the timing of the blue dude to be able to throw that huge red dude was just a thing of beauty.

Back