Crime Chicago: Mass shootings & Gun Violence megathread

What movie is that from?

batman89.jpg

If my neighborhood was that violent I would welcome martial law.

Would never have to be martial law or get the military involved. If given the order, these police departments (with or without help from fed agencies) could get rid of the gangs with a zero tolerance policy. Arrest them instead of ignoring them. It wouldn't take long either. But as I said, it would involve arresting large numbers of black and brown men. And these communities and the kind of politicians, prosecutors and judges who they elect would never allow it.

You would have some Obama judge immediately order them all released and say they were targeted for being black instead of being identified as gang members. Happens already.

That says it all, doesn't it? Lightfoot is actually considered an outsider. Disregard she's spent her entire career there. I'd never live in Chicago or Illinois. And I'd lay odds that Foxx becomes Mayor in the future if she's not in a future administration if Trump is beaten in 2020.

She was promised something huge for taking the hit for Smollett and protecting Harris and/or Michelle Obama.

As I said, your city elected man literally being kept in a nuthouse while awaiting trial and who didn't campaign. That's how Chicago operates. Lightfoot campaigned against the police, not against the crime epidemic to pander to these voters.

I’ve lived here my entire life outside of my 5 years in the military so does that make me an insider? I stated she was an outsider to the Chicago political machine, and if you were here for the speech she gave at her inauguration you’d know she still is. I knew you weren’t from this city with your last post and this post further illustrates that. Foxx has absolutely no chance. She doesn’t have support from anyone anymore, that was even before the Smollet fiasco.

Harris and Michelle Obama don’t have the kind of pull to put you in the mayor’s seat. You’re aware of the billionaires who rule this city and the 30 year career alderman that literally have everyone in their pockets? The political juice they held in this city was Rahm and he’s gone.

Your line about Lightfoot campaigning against us is bullshit. She has family on the job and everything she has stated we already implemented under Rahm.

The political juice they held in this city was Rahm and he’s gone.

Your line about Lightfoot campaigning against us is bullshit. She has family on the job and everything she has stated we already implemented under Rahm.

Oh, yeah, they are gone.

And Lightfoot (and her opponent) campaigned against "police abuse" and not against crime. She calls herself a police reformer, not a crime fighter.

It IS news considering everyone here rushes to make a thread about it whenever Chicago's murder tallies get reported. You're probably fishing for replies that explain why there isn't more OUTRAGE by the American public over these numbers and it's simple- it's become too frequent and mundane to sensationalize. The average newsreader will just gloss over it as a typical weekend in Chicago. Just like a terror attack in Europe will make bigger headlines than one in Iraq.

I will agree when it's black on black violence, the news doesn't cover it because no one cares. Much like when a black kid goes missing as opposed to a white kid.

But there is something far more sinister at play when the perps are black and the victims are white and the attack was racially motivated. People would care about that, but the national media pretends it doesn't happen. It does happen. A lot.

People have said this forever - oppression is tested in the hood and then exported to the rest of the country. How much more evidence do we need?

Problem with your hypothesis is it's black gangs, black politicians, black judges and black prosecutors who are oppressing these black neighbourhoods....

People have said this forever - oppression is tested in the hood and then exported to the rest of the country. How much more evidence do we need?
They oppress themselves in these areas, as well. It's a dream for authoritarians, because they are in such need of somebody to "help" and to run things.

Last time I made a thread like this, it was dumped. Why is this never news anywhere? Virginia Beach? OMG a tragedy that must be covered. Where are the Democratic candidates on this issue? Imagine if the cops shot this many black people.

At least 42 people have been shot in Chicago since Friday evening, the large majority of whom were wounded in a rash of violence during the first 12 hours of the weekend, leaving six people dead by early Sunday morning.

A 26-year-old woman was shot and killed in Fuller Park in the weekend’s latest fatal gun violence incident.

She was outside in the 4900 block of South Princeton Avenue about 4 a.m. when gunfire erupted, Chicago police said. She was struck in the chest and pronounced dead at the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Saturday, a man was found with a fatal gunshot wound in Albany Park on the Northwest Side.

Officials found 20-year-old Piotr Rbaliczek in a vehicle about 6:29 a.m. in the 4300 block of North Mozart Street, police and the Cook County medical examiner's office said. He had been shot in the neck and was pronounced on the scene. The circumstances of the shooting remain unclear.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2019/6/1/18648305/chicago-weekend-shootings-42-6-killed
Because Chicago is not even in the top 20 for murderous cities in the US so singling it out is a clear sign of a disingenuous agenda. Why not single out one of the top 5? Off to the dump indeed.

Let's blame Trump instead. Since he actually said he was going to fix Chicago if they didn't get their gun violence under control.
8 years Obama was in office. 8 years. He's black too so he should, by your peoples standards, care more right?

arthur-murderchicago.png

Hopey changey stuff.

Who's doing the bulk of the murdering in Chicago? In the USA? 7% of the population commits over 50% of murders with guns... How is this acceptable to anyone? How can we look the other way or deny the facts? It's time we speak truths however uncomfortable or unpopular...

Because Chicago is not even in the top 20 for murderous cities in the US so singling it out is a clear sign of a disingenuous agenda. Why not single out one of the top 5? Off to the dump indeed.

You're right, there is no violence problem in Chicago and should be ignored. I guess total body counts don't matter.

Regardless of the city, it would still be the same people doing the shooting. I'd be very happy to talk about those other cities as they only further my point.

You're right, there is no violence problem in Chicago and should be ignored. I guess total body counts don't matter.

Regardless of the city, it would still be the same people doing the shooting. I'd be very happy to talk about those other cities as they only further my point.
So, by "the same people", you surely mean the impoverished and disadvantaged, right?

People get desensitized to regularly occurring things. Also it isn't all that useful for current large scale political agendas.

I'm sure people do care in a "Doesn't affect me but yeah that is terrible" sort of way though. Also it inflates the homicide figures of the nation and makes the nation overall look violent, so people care about that too.

Problem with your hypothesis is it's black gangs, black politicians, black judges and black prosecutors who are oppressing these black neighbourhoods....
I'm not talking about black people moving to white America. I'm talking about the culture, which tied in with @Amerikuracana post.

Back