Cheyanne Buys: “I’ve been so broke my whole life because of this sport!”

And will still be broke. Meanwhile, Uncle Dana makes more money in one year than the entire roster combined.
clown-dana.jpg

It's crazy how low mma fighters are paid. They are among the lowest paid professional athletes in the world. I saw a tweet stating how all leagues NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL/MLS etc. All pay their athletes 50% of the revenue or better and ufc only pays their athletes 15% of revenue. That is absolutely criminal.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....nfl-mvp-story-a-tale-of-perseverance.amp.html

Nobody is forcing them to fight for the pay they’re getting. This chick chose to fight for the UFC because she sees the potential and big picture. She got a small taste tonight.

So anyways. Basically this year she’s already made around $80K. That’s way above the poverty scale in America and it was the median family income in 2020.
Made over 80K but I bet a high % goes to gym fees, coaches, etc. Last I heard, the UFC only pays for 2 cornermen for fights (not sure if this includes flying tickets, hotel, meals, etc) and most seem to have more than the 2 cornermen. You see the 80K and think that is a lot of money, but you are ignoring all the fees. Plus fighters are contractors for the UFC, so does she still have to pay almost 30% for taxes out of the 80K, among health insurance, retirement, etc?

Charles Olivera already stated that his win money is far from what he actually takes home. Many other fighters have stated this as well. UFC fighters get fucked over time and time again in fighter pay. Ali Act needs to happen ASAP so these fighters can make more money instead of lining the wallets of the bald boomer goofs like Dana (renting yachts and fake snow in the desert).

Back