Chevy Chase almost fought Bill Murray on SNL

Regarding Chase being a dick, apparently he had a bunch of injuries because he did falling-down gags a lot, so he has chronic pain issues.

You guys seen
“A futile and stupid gesture”
?
it’s about the beginning of national lampoon and snl and has all of these guys beginning stories . It’s decent movie

Was Chevy Chase the reason why Community was not continued for another season? heard him and glover didnt get along off-screen.
Not what I heard. It was Dan Harmon and Chase who didn't get along. Chevy never thought the writing was good and hated the long 18 hour days. McHale as spoken a number of times about it along with Harmon.

Last edited:
Reactions: CI
Kinda bummed to read some posts saying Murray is a dick off screen. I heard that about Chase, but not Murray.

Kinda makes me regret paying him no mind when I ran into him at a local bar up here in the sticks. But I was also busy gaming a young lady, and he was with some tall blonde.

He seemed chill.

Now what i heard. It was Dan Harmon and Chase who didn't get along. Chevy never thought the writing was good and hated the long 18 hour days. McHale as spoken a number of times about along with Harmon.
Mchale plays chase in the “a futile and stupid gesture” movie ... I forgot he was his costar in community

Kinda bummed to read some posts saying Murray is a dick off screen. I heard that about Chase, but not Murray.

Kinda makes me regret paying him no mind when I ran into him at a local bar up here in the sticks. But I was also busy gaming a young lady, and he was with some tall blonde.

He seemed chill.
There's a famous story with Lucy Lui that got him canned from Charley's Angels and his interactions with Harold Ramis during Groundhog Day.

Was Chevy Chase the reason why Community was not continued for another season? heard him and glover didnt get along off-screen.

Yeah he made a joke to him where he said people only think Glover is funny because he’s black

Regarding Chase being a dick, apparently he had a bunch of injuries because he did falling-down gags a lot, so he has chronic pain issues.
That's no excuse to treat other people poorly..

I was hoping Stern would ask him how their scene in Caddyshack was affected. With those egos clashing I would imagine one or both would not have agreed to do the movie much less work in a scene together.

Classic scene, you could tell the filmmakers made sure the editor tossed it in. Nonetheless, it helped the pacing and allowed 2 greats at their peak to work off each other. Gotta wonder if there was static beyond that. One of my favorite scenes of any comedy and if I'm not mistaken that was the one and only time they were on camera together.

There's a famous story with Lucy Lui that got him canned from Charley's Angels and his interactions with Harold Ramis during Groundhog Day.

Murray's aloof demeanor was propped up by the cult of personality created for him by "The Chive". Otherwise, he was an absolute prick to Harold Ramis and (it seems only begrudgingly) visited Ramis on his deathbed at the behest of his brother.

He killed the Ghostbusters III film for no other reason than spite.

Meh, fook 'em.

I was hoping Stern would ask him how their scene in Caddyshack was affected. With those egos clashing I would imagine one or both would not have agreed to do the movie much less work in a scene together.

Classic scene, you could tell the filmmakers made sure the editor tossed it in. Nonetheless, it helped the pacing and allowed 2 greats at their peak to work off each other. Gotta wonder if there was static beyond that. One of my favorite scenes of any comedy and if I'm not mistaken that was the one and only time they were on camera together.

Wasn’t the story that this scene was not even planned or written and Ramis realized when they we’re almost done filming that the two biggest stars of the movie didn’t have a scene together so they just put them together and said “do something”

Wasn’t Chevy banned from visiting the SNL studio for a while because he was such a cunt to the cast?

Both are actually pretty big guys - 6'4 and 6'3

Id watch them throw down

I kind of miss the days when we didn't know too much about our actors, entertainers, athletes, etc. and could just enjoy them for what they brought to the table.

Back