Check out this judo hl

Man, I do only BJJ, never a lick of judo, but judo highlights effin rock. And yes, 5:17 is siiiiick.

Very nice video. Guy was more of a beast at 11 than i am now =P

I remember flores since he's the same age and weight as me. As a kid, I felt so lucky that he wasn't at the jr. nationals... not that I placed, but I'd of been in one of his hl reels.

I like his style and have developed a very similar one, although he's a factor of 1,000x better.

He's got a nice Youtube video out of him doing a Judo clinic, I think it's like a 6 or 8 parter. Very competition-oriented techniques.

Impressive.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! Hope someone gets a look at something I did in the HL and figures out a way (or better way) to do these techniques for themselves.

If you have any questions hit me up!

Justin Flores

Man, I do only BJJ, never a lick of judo, but judo highlights effin rock. And yes, 5:17 is siiiiick.
Crossing training with judo would make you even better. They compliment each other very well.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! Hope someone gets a look at something I did in the HL and figures out a way (or better way) to do these techniques for themselves.

Justin Flores

The man himself, awesome. Thank you for coming by.

Question - on your Tomoe Nage, are you posting your foot on the same-side hip or the opposite one? I.E. - if you're using your right foot, is it on his left or right hip? I think you're going to the far side, but I'm not sure. Thank you very much.

Justin Flores

Thanks for stopping by! I definitely have a comment, and I guess you can confirm or deny this.

In terms of your Uchimata, what really impressed me is what everyone can see if you pause the clip at 0:19 and 2:58. One of the things I think that a lot of people miss with the Uchimata is generating enough kuzushi up top. People like Kosei Inoue get a tremendous amount of balance breaking with their lapel/collar grips. Like Inoue, it's obvious that you are getting your hips very deep and the the head and upper body of the person being thrown is so far forward. It's pretty amazing to see the still at 2:58, that a kid has such a strong Uchimata in shiai/randori.

Also, at 1:15 and also in a couple other places, the Uchimata is so deep and the kuzushi is strong that they do a full front flip. Once again, hats off buddy. I think grappling sports are your thing. :icon_chee

The ouchi-gari at 6:00 was very sneakily done. I dug it.

See, this makes me want to actually find a judo instructor and learn this stuff properly.

The man himself, awesome. Thank you for coming by.

Question - on your Tomoe Nage, are you posting your foot on the same-side hip or the opposite one? I.E. - if you're using your right foot, is it on his left or right hip? I think you're going to the far side, but I'm not sure. Thank you very much.

Pretty simple question so I'll give you the quick answer. I post my foot (try to that is) right below the opponents belly button and in the center of his mid section, if I can I try to make my foot flat (w/ knee bent).

Hopw this helps!

I learned my yoko tomoe from the man, the myth, the legend Kashiwazaki when I was a kid. I got the opportunity to train at his University (Kokusai Budo Daigaku) where I was able to use it much better and learned to fuse it well with my newaza.

I do clinics and am available, so feel free and contact me anytime guys!

Back