Cheaper place than ebay to get TWINS gear?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56619
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56619

Im lookin to get headgear and 16oz gloves and maybe shinprotectors. Ebay has a ton of twins gear, this is all real TWINS right? Not immitation? To get all of this together its gonna be about $225. Anyone know where to get it a bit cheaper? Thanks for the help.
Almost forgot im gonna need a gear bag to carry all this crap(2 pairs of bloves, wraps, mouthpeice, waterbottle, headgear, shinpads etc.) any suggestions?

Is this for training or for fighting? If you're just training you might want to look at kofightgear.com and start off with something like that for gloves, wraps, and headgear.

For a mouth piece, you could go with something like a Shock Doctor. If you're going to war, then look into Opro or Bite Me. In some cases you might be able to get something as good through your dentist and may even be cheaper depending on your insurance.

As far as gear bags are concerned. I prefer something grungy looking from a surplus store, but that's just me. I'd rather be unexpected than of overhyped.

But if you have to have Twins you can check this site out:
http://www.thaiboxinggear.com/main.php?queryType=home
Shipping will be ridiculous and it will take a while to get these goods.

Hope this helps, good luck.

codysweet02 said:
Im lookin to get headgear and 16oz gloves and maybe shinprotectors. Ebay has a ton of twins gear, this is all real TWINS right? Not immitation? To get all of this together its gonna be about $225. Anyone know where to get it a bit cheaper? Thanks for the help.
Almost forgot im gonna need a gear bag to carry all this crap(2 pairs of bloves, wraps, mouthpeice, waterbottle, headgear, shinpads etc.) any suggestions?

I sure don't. eBay beats everything.

BTW, Cody, sorry for not replying to your PM. I stopped by NorCal Martial Arts Saturday but they weren't in session at the time Mirada said they were usually in session. However, the gym looked active. I wrote down the two phone numbers in the window, they were different than listed on the BJJ.org site. I have yet to call, and I don't have my cell on me, but once I do, I'll message you the #'s.

BTW, though, if you have an opporunity to train with Terrell, and you're serious about MMA, there really should be no difficulty in making your decision. Chico is just a massive party town, anyway, I can guarantee you it will test your discipline, and you don't need that if you can avoid it.

Thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it. Training with Terrell would be awsome but right now getting my degree is my top priotity and living in Chico is so much cheaper than living in Santa Rosa(terrells gym is also $175/month). Right now im in San Luis and it is ridiculous too. Plus i have more friends in Chico and it is closer to Yreka. I would like to compete in some amature events in a couple years or so but i dont have ambitions to turn pro.
Thanks for the help guys, the twins gear is nice but the shipping is a killer. I might just go with the twins blue/silver dragon gloves off of ebay and go with KO for the headgear and stuff.

If you're still looking for a site for cheaper than ebay prices for twins gear, I've had good experiences with http://www.twinsboxinggear.com which I heard about on this forum in another post. The site looked kinda shoddy and unprofessional compared to most the north american e-tailers but so far i've gotten 2 different orders (first 1x headguard and 1 pair of 16oz gloves second order recieved 4 days ago 1x headguard for friend, 1 pair of 18oz gloves, 1 pair of shin guards) I like this site since it charges in USD instead of GBP like a couple of the ebay sellers. The shipping price is around 23-25 USD per item (my first order costed 49 USD total) however if they have the items in stock, they ship via dhl which gets to you in around 3 days max. Another thing that's nice is that he marks down the item value to about 15-20 dollars a piece so the brokerage fees (if any) won't be too heavy. Best thing to do is email the guy (only know him as "KK" from his emails) and check if they have what you need in stock. If they do then ur order will usually take a week from payment to get to your house. My 18oz gloves however were a "special order size" and had to be made at their factory in thailand so it took about and extra 3 weeks after i ordered before my shipment was sent. Just email him frequently to keep you updated about your order. At first i was hesitant to order from this site since it looks like a 8 yr old made it but then i figured if i ordered w/ my cc even if they tried to scam me, i can go through my credit card company to get my money back so I went for it and turns out they aren't so bad. Hope my post helps

btw, how can you tell if it is really "authentic" twins gear or a knockoff? The equipment made in thailand such as windy and twins seem to be all simple with just the patch, size tag, and a sticker that says it is a "genuine handcrafted leather item"

codysweet02 said:
Thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it. Training with Terrell would be awsome but right now getting my degree is my top priotity and living in Chico is so much cheaper than living in Santa Rosa(terrells gym is also $175/month). Right now im in San Luis and it is ridiculous too. Plus i have more friends in Chico and it is closer to Yreka. I would like to compete in some amature events in a couple years or so but i dont have ambitions to turn pro.
Thanks for the help guys, the twins gear is nice but the shipping is a killer. I might just go with the twins blue/silver dragon gloves off of ebay and go with KO for the headgear and stuff.

Well, Kenji, my brother, and Treston live in Chico. You might be able to work out a carpool arrangement where you trained with us in RB when we open the new dojo.

I might have to do that Mick. Whenever you get the chance throw me some info on the new Dojo, you guys gonna have MMA specific classes or keep everything seperated?

WMah said:
btw, how can you tell if it is really "authentic" twins gear or a knockoff? The equipment made in thailand such as windy and twins seem to be all simple with just the patch, size tag, and a sticker that says it is a "genuine handcrafted leather item"

A pair of twins being really cheap in thailand (10 to 20$) I don't think they gonna bother to manufacture fake twins..unless it's a Prada Twins Vuitton.
as long they smell like a fresh skinned buffalo, it's all good.

I know that Combatsports is having some crazy christmas sales on alot of their gear, check them out, I have not found better striking products yet.

codysweet02 said:
I might have to do that Mick. Whenever you get the chance throw me some info on the new Dojo, you guys gonna have MMA specific classes or keep everything seperated?

The entire dojo will be MMA, so we shift in groups: grappling, muay thai, boxing, self-defense, and then the sessions where we put it all together.

Madmick sounds like a cool school you have in the works. When does it open and where is it located?

www.SSFgear.com

Its located in Red Bluff CA. Dont know when it opens though, only know its in Red Bluff because thats by my home town. Mick PM me some info on the gym im curious, the local karate dojo in yreka is opening up a seperate school to teach jiu jitsu, ill be home this week im gonna go in and see whats goin on there.

Back