Chavez open to Rubio 2 - wants drug testing

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61397#ixzz2I3GpzCQb
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Chavez Open To Rubio II, Rubio Wants Drug Testing
Posted by: Rene Umanzor on 1/15/2013 .

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Rene Umanzor

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) is open to the idea of having a rematch with Marco Antonio Rubio (56-6-1, 49KOs). Chavez won a twelve round decision over Rubio last February in Texas, but there was controversy after the match.

Rubio claims that neither he or Chavez were drug tested by the local commission and there have been mixed reports on whether or not the tests took place. Last September Chavez tested positive for marijuana after losing a decision to Sergio Martinez.

Chavez is being positioned to return in the spring, with Matthew Macklin being mentioned as the potential opponent. Chavez has no problem with facing Macklin but he also named Rubio as well. If Chavez wins his next fight, there could be a fall rematch with Martinez.

"I would like to fight Macklin or Rubio before the rematch [with Martinez] or [a fight] with the WBC's number one challenger for another title shot," Chavez stated.

Rubio responded on the social networks with - "Whenever you want, and anywhere but Texas and anti-doping tests before and after the fight. I'm ready."

Chavez would reply back - "Rubio, I can give you the opportunity. This is boxing but do not say that brother, I beat you clean."

Rene Umanzor covers boxing in Mexico for The Record.

Rubio rematch is all he should get. Nobody wants to see him get whooped by Sergio again. Maravilla is old and only has a few prime fights left. Let him fight some new faces. I told you all that nonsense of an immediate rematch would go away once everybodys excitement settled down. Reality is, he had 15 seconds of success in a fight he otherwise got dominated in.

Rubio rematch is all he should get. Nobody wants to see him get whooped by Sergio again. Maravilla is old and only has a few prime fights left. Let him fight some new faces. I told you all that nonsense of an immediate rematch would go away once everybodys excitement settled down. Reality is, he had 15 seconds of success in a fight he otherwise got dominated in.

and you don't think he can adjust for the rematch. fighters can can change and adapt. Look how Lenox adapted to the whopping he took from Rahem.

Well buy then he will already be 4 months in. No way in hell he gets more then 6 months for weed on a first positive.

He'd be ready by April or May, which is what his injury would anyways.

That fact he waited so long to show up might rub them(the commission) the wrong way and they suspend for 6 months starting in Feb.

and you don't think he can adjust for the rematch. fighters can can change and adapt. Look how Lenox adapted to the whopping he took from Rahem.

No I don't think he can. I think Chavez is a one dimensional tank. Even if he could, a great fighter like Sergio could adjust as well and always stay a step ahead of Chavez.
And Lewis was not getting whooped. It was a brutal one punch KO when Lennox put his hands down in a cocky moment.

Well buy then he will already be 4 months in. No way in hell he gets more then 6 months for weed on a first positive.

He'd be ready by April or May, which is what his injury would anyways.
It's his first for weed but he's tested positive for banned diuretics before. so there's a possibility he gets a year since it's his Second offense.

who's rahem ?

and lennox got KO'd by one punch from a 250 lbs man, he didn't get clowned for 11.5 rounds ( not even one )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back