• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Charlotte, NC

Dr J

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the city? I'm moving my family there this summer and was wondering if anyone had recommendations regarding schools, neighborhoods, etc. We're looking into Berewick, which seems to be a developing area, but our real estate agent isn't very familiar with the area. We've also found a nice house in Villa Heights, which is a great location but seems like it might not be the safest area. Anyways, any info is appreciated.

I'm very interested to find out about this as well. I've been thinking about moving closer east myself.

Ric Flair and would know best but he has a warrant out for his arrest there.

Lived there 15 years and was just there last month. It's a real big city, I'm only familiar with areas on the southeast side.

South Charlotte(Steele Creek, Palisades, etc.)is a really good area to live around nice shopping center movie theater not too far away and major hospital. SouthPark area (Fairview Rd, Governor Morrison Rd, etc.)are nice as well. Stay away from neighborhoods near Independence Blvd, Nations Ford Rd, Idlewild, Grier Heights, Hidden Valley, Beatties Ford(airport area in general).

Downtown area is really expensive(BoA Stadium, TWC Arena). Don't know much about schools, but you should be able to find out more from the guy who uses Strider Hiryu as his AV

I used to live in Matthews which was very nice. I lived there as a kid due to my mom working in the banking industry. This was in the in the 90's though and I hear that much has changed since. What I liked about it was that it was a relatively big city with a small town charm. I'm not sure how that holds up today though.

Matthews looks like a great area, and you get more for your dollar with the housing. My only issue is commuting to work every day. I don't mind a 20-25 minute drive, but I'm trying to avoid 45-60 minute drives with traffic in the am.

You like NASCAR at all? That's the Mecca for it.

Ah, the Queen City.

I pass by it on the way to the mountains to go fishing.

Anyone familiar with the city? I'm moving my family there this summer and was wondering if anyone had recommendations regarding schools, neighborhoods, etc. We're looking into Berewick, which seems to be a developing area, but our real estate agent isn't very familiar with the area. We've also found a nice house in Villa Heights, which is a great location but seems like it might not be the safest area. Anyways, any info is appreciated.
Are you getting the biggest house on the biggest side of town?

Beautiful clean young city. Lots of young people and things to do. I travel there for concerts a lot. Some explosives are trying to take it over in some areas though (around the airport). Look up my ex who just moved there if you go. She's a nympho who loves jizz.

Nice, professional, young city. My advice, move to the 'burbs. Close enough to make for a not so bad commute into the city. I live in Waxhaw (best public schools in the area, lower taxes). Matthews, Indian Trail, Weddington, Wesley Chapel, Mint Hill are all nice areas just outside of the city with easy access via 485. In the city limits, I'm mostly familiar with the south/east side of town. Ballantyne/Myers Park/Cotswold area is very nice, but can get very expensive.

Are you getting the biggest house on the biggest side of town?
I'm not sure what you're asking. We've definitely got a budget, and we're not looking to make this our permanent home.

Last edited:
Back