• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News *** Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev MEGA THREAD PART II (OFFICIAL FOR UFC 280, 10/22) ***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Dec. 2017: Paul Felder TKO's CO with elbows in GNP

Islam Makhachev's only loss in UFC

Oct. 2015: Adriano Martins counters & KOs Islam Makhachev with a straight right hand in 1'st round

Last edited:
One important distinction to make. The guys who beat Oliveira are all proven, successful, UFC veterans with a ton of big wins. My point, Charles is fighting top guys, all of the time. Islam was KOed by a scrub who never had another win in his MMA career.
View attachment 944715
Which kinda proves that whole thing was a fluke

are u dumb, look at islam dominating top tier grapplers, charles get smashed by paul felder on the ground, theres level to this game and once again i say before fight they believe, after 1 round no believe

Are YOU dumb?

Look at the calibre of fighter Charles has been beating.

If you think it's just a matter of a 1 dimensional grinding grappler (yes, another one) taking him down and quickly subbing him, you're fucking delusional.

Can't wait for this fight to finally happen and we get our answers once and for all.

"Because I'm one dimensional AF and I know I'll get KTFO'd again if I try to stand with someone who has an average stand up game!"

iu
Sheep

Its not a plan...its his only option, he is NOT standing with him, its not like he is being so proud on his takedown abilites, more like, its his only option, we all know it, this its not really a diss, Khabib would do the very same thing, the very same gameplan against Oliveira, Olives isnt lost on the ground tho, its a very good fight imo, but this is far from shocking or news worthy.
"Because I'm one dimensional AF and I know I'll get KTFO'd again if I try to stand with someone who has an average stand up game!"

iu
Khabib was one dimensional AF too, beat everyone including 3 of the best strikers at LW to finish his run and retired undefeated, you cant hold Makhachev's his single loss against him from years ago, didnt he turned Hooker and Bobby green into a pretzel without breaking a sweat? Those are decent on on their feet.

If you’re going to watch and analyze all Oliveira’s losses, you’re going to be busy all day. He’s not Khabib or Islam.

Correct. Charles engages in entertaining fist fights. Khabib and Islam openly state that their goal is to lay on top of the guy and make him tired instead.

A wrestler says he will take down another fighter quickly, more at 11.

Did this need to be its own thread?

If the focus of your life is living vicariously through another man, then yes, it needs to be its own thread.

Back