• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Charles Oliveira response to Sherdog ”Fighter of the year”

His tweet said he wants to please HIS fans. But HIS fans don't want to see him give Conor a undeserved title shot. The only fans he will be pleasing is Conor fans. This isn't rocket scientist bro.
I'm a fan and I want to see him fight Conor. Charles has the belt and Conor pulls over a million buys probably around 1.5 for this fight. I want to see Conor choked out and Oliveira make millions doing it.

You have to take into context how Usman beat Mas

Which would be even less impressive than Charles calling out and finishing Tony in 2021 after beating Chandler. And completely pointless.

Same witb colby was 0-1 against usman.

Im glad usman n islam didnt get it.

True, also given that Colby one had 1 win since losing to Usman and it was vs Woodley. But, I give Usman the benefit with that fight since Colby is one of his tougher opponent.

Well deserved. No one even comes close to what he did this year.
Really? Usman seems like the obvious choice for Fighter of the Year. No disrespect to Charles, but three title fight wins beats out two in my books.

The only thing Olives and the CEO of EPO have in common are both fight lightweights.

Well deserved. No one even comes close to what he did this year.
Yup good for Charles.

On his competition... Usman I could see someone arguing but the people saying GANE eclipsed either of those guys? Yeah, I didn't get that at all.

you good?
Not really, I have 3 bulged discs that act up twice a year that i thew out today. Probably gonna have to call my doctor for a prescription for prednisone until i can get into pain managment for a cortizone injection.

Rent free
Not really. I am not a Conor fan, or a Aloe Vera fan. In my opinion, Aloe Vera won't keep that belt long, he nearly got finished in his last two fights. I wouldn't be suprised if Gay Chi dethrones him.

I'm a fan and I want to see him fight Conor. Charles has the belt and Conor pulls over a million buys probably around 1.5 for this fight. I want to see Conor choked out and Oliveira make millions doing it.
Aloe Vera nearly got finished in round 1 of both the chandler and porier fights. You really want to see your boi take a risk of humiliation if he got caught by Conor?

hater, please!
Conor is the one calling for it.
Charles is simply not stupid to refuse.

Besides, if he did (refuse) retards like you would be calling him out claiming he ducked Conor.
So please STFU
getout-ari.gif
Why would i complain about a champion turning down a barely active fighter who has lost his last two fights?

Aloe Vera nearly got finished in round 1 of both the chandler and porier fights. You really want to see your boi take a risk of humiliation if he got caught by Conor?
Yes 100% why wouldn't I? Every fight is a risk so not sure what your point is there.

Where does he mention Conor? And I'm not your "bro"
Apparently there is a lot of rocks in the netherlands, because you live under one. Conor literally asked when he is fighting Aloe Vera, and Aloe very verbally agreed.

Yes 100% why wouldn't I? Every fight is a risk so not sure what your point is there.
Well, besides holding up the division, Conor simply doesnt deserve a title shot coming off two loses back to back. What else can i say?

Yup good for Charles.

On his competition... Usman I could see someone arguing but the people saying GANE eclipsed either of those guys? Yeah, I didn't get that at all.

Really? Usman seems like the obvious choice for Fighter of the Year. No disrespect to Charles, but three title fight wins beats out two in my books.
lol people really saying gane? i havent had time to come back and read the thread since i am at work and its a busy end to this year.

sure usman could have an argument for fighter of the year based of 3 title fights. but take into his competition which included 2 rematches made up off 2 lightweight rejects and a guy he couldnt finish again..

imo charles had the better performances in the sense it showed him having the heart to overcome getting dropped, rocked and nearly finished 2 times, to rally back and finish his competition in impressive fashion.

Well, besides holding up the division, Conor simply doesnt deserve a title shot coming off two loses back to back. What else can i say?
Agreed Conor hasn't earned it but if you break down his loss against Khabib (#1 P4P) and his loss against #1 ranked LW Poirier. Those are very hard fights that very few could win. Anyway though yes I'd like to see Oliveira make him tap again.

Back