Changing eating habits?

Country Gravy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I did a search and found some info. but hopefully I can get a few more answer...

Although I work at a restaurant, I have very few chances to take a break and eat(where I live the law requires a break after 10 hours :icon_conf). After work I go home shower and head to school tuesdays and thursdays. When I'm not in school I go to the gym or my mma gym.

I've been working at mma for a while now. To take it to the next level I know I have to eat better. The only problem is I've never had the best diet. Partly because I have limited time and partly because I'm a noob when it comes to diet. Did any of you start in a similar situation? What type of meals can you prepare when you're always on the go?

I'm trying to make an easy transition to eating better, but I think my success would be more achievable if I had a bigger menu than:

*my foods that I know are good to eat* salad(no dressing), grilled chicken (no oil), oatmeal, and egg whites. (told you guys I'm a noob in healthy eating lol :icon_chee

Any advice is appreciated

Dice the chicken and mix it in with that salad or with brown rice. That's a super easy meal I always try to have at least 2 servings of at work. Use some time on a day off to cook up a shitload of chicken and freeze it so it keeps.

i like to have a day every week where i cook something that i can reheat throughout the week- usually a pot of beans.

just make up some cuban style beans, throw some cubed chicken in there, boil up some rice and throw it in at the end, then throw it in the fridge and there you have a healthful, tastey, balanced meal that reheats well and fast anytime. usually i don't do the rice thing though; i eat beans with green cabbage.

Fish, other greens, whole wheat breads and pastas (ok if you are active and not trying to get extremely lean), turkey, milk, cottage cheese, salsa, rice (brown is preferred), fruits (whole, not juice).

Thanks for the info. guys. I noticed no one wrote anything involving red meat. How do you guys feel about red meat? I've heard different things... some say eat whenever others say eat no more than twice a week. From a health standpoint, how damaging is red meat to your body over time? Does it have any positives if eaten in moderation?

Sorry for all the questions thanks for your time to help a noob out

Thanks for the info. guys. I noticed no one wrote anything involving red meat. How do you guys feel about red meat? I've heard different things... some say eat whenever others say eat no more than twice a week. From a health standpoint, how damaging is red meat to your body over time? Does it have any positives if eaten in moderation?

Sorry for all the questions thanks for your time to help a noob out

I prefer my red meat fresh cooked. That's the only reason I didn't mention it. I prefer chicken (or turkey) for meals you can take anywhere and re-heat well or even eat cold. That's kinda what I thought you were looking for. I love my red meat whenever I have time to really cook.

eat the yolk!

read my earlier post Posty McWhorington!

nevertheless, it is sound advice that APPARENTLY cannot be reiterated enough, seeing as how so many people continue to defy it

i worked at a restaurant for a summer. This is what i did./ I grinded oatmeal and then had some whey or if i had the $$ a slower digesting protein so that in between helping customers I would go in the back, throw the oats and protein together and slam it and then go back to work. Not ideal of course, but its better than starving yourself the entire shift.

Best way to curb eating habbits permanently (not in a Diet, then crash sort of way) is small changes weekly or twice a week.

Cut stuff out you shouldn't be eating.

No more soda, and no more desert. Or, 1 soda, 1 desert a week, or...etc. Just cut down the proportion. If you currently drink a 12 pack of soda a day, start getting it down to 2.

Slowly incrementally implement healthier food (eat broccoli, then next week, eat more chicken etc), you will develop an actual taste for good food, not just "forcing" yourself to eat good for a period so you can pig out later.

After a month or so, pizza doesn't taste as good, and soda tastes like shit.

I prefer my red meat fresh cooked. That's the only reason I didn't mention it. I prefer chicken (or turkey) for meals you can take anywhere and re-heat well or even eat cold. That's kinda what I thought you were looking for. I love my red meat whenever I have time to really cook.

No you're right I was looking more for "stuff on the go." Just kinda threw in the question about red meat in this thread instead of creating a whole new thread about it.

That sounds like some quality advice redjako. Usually I try to change everything at once. A gradual approach would probably be the best way to start. thanks!

Make a deuce load of brown rice and set it aside. then cook up some chicken cubes with a little garlic and pepper. set that aside. now throw the rice in a wok or frying pan and make a hole in the middle with a spoon then crack a couple eggs in there and beat them until they start cooking a little. then stir the rice and egg mixture together and throw the chicken and and bunch of peas into the mix until heated thoroughly. i make the a lot at a time and you have complex carbs veggies and lean protein. plus its freaking cheap. fried rice man.

Back