BW- Cruz

FW- Aldo

LW- Conor

WW- Maia

MW- Rockhold

LHW- Jones

HW- Werdum or JDS

What about your own list, @Valkosen ;)

Cheers, brother. Honestly, my picks are close to yours but your FW (Aldo) makes me especially nervous. Don't know where his head is at ATM even though there is no other fighter whose road to the octagon I respect more.

WBW- Ronda (People have forgotten how good she can be at shutting others down)

FyW- Johnson

BW- Cruz

*FW- Holloway

*LW- Khabib
(got to swap your boy out, Alter - apologies)

WW- Maia

*MW- Romero
(but Team Weidman for life and MW is too hard for me to call)

*LHW- Rumble

*HW- Jones

Cheers, brother. Honestly, my picks are close to yours but your FW (Aldo) makes me especially nervous. Don't know where his head is at ATM even though there is no other fighter whose road to the octagon I respect more.

WBW- Ronda (People have forgotten how good she can be at shutting others down)

FyW- Johnson

BW- Cruz

*FW- Holloway

*LW- Khabib
(got to swap your boy out, Alter - apologies)

WW- Maia

*MW- Romero
(but Team Weidman for life and MW is too hard for me to call)

*LHW- Rumble

*HW- Jones

I'm far from being an Aldo fan, but I think he will absolutely dominate Max and the whole divison again. Providing that Conor doesn't retur of coure. :D

No problem with swapping Conor and Khabib, even Tony has a chance at this point imo.

You're right, MW is probably the toughest one to call. Romero most likely the next champion, but injury free and humble Rockhold is my pick for the second half of 2017.

Rumble at LHW and Jones at HW is interesting, gotta explain that to me, mate. :p

You're right, MW is probably the toughest one to call. Romero most likely the next champion, but injury free and humble Rockhold is my pick for the second half of 2017.

I like Rockhold for the belt too though; too hard to call MW, really. (Lol @ humble Rockhold - honestly, so true)

He who underestimates his opponent, overestimates himself, no?

Rumble at LHW and Jones at HW is interesting, gotta explain that to me, mate. :p
Was hoping that one would slide under the radar. :D

I just have a feeling on Jon that a circumstance will have him try something at HW and then get TS by New Year's 2017. Pictures of him over the past year and his having been more vocal/active about grappling lately, I don't know, his focus seems to be broadening while still being unpredictable.

I am not saying I think he could beat every HW, but because he's Jon, I could see a toe-in-the-water test and then being gifted TS. He'd be so bloody fast at HW; it would shock the lot, I reckon. Not sure he would survive three/five rounds versus HW power though. He would have to look to finish and flare (like he used to) and not point anyone to D.

A Bones-Rumble bout is fascinating to me as a fight fan in part for reasons above. I need see that.

HW - Stipe
LHW - Jones (DC if Jones is suspended or incarceraterd through 2017)
MW - Yoel Romero
WW - Woodley
LW - Khabib (Mcgregor if he successfully ducks Khabib in 2017)
FW - Aldo
BW - Cruz
FLW- Johnson

WFW - Cyborg (RR if Cyborg doesn't fight at '45 in 2017)
WBW - RR ( Nunes if RR has to give up the belt.... doubt that her reps runining the ufc would make her do that)
WSW- JJ

It's hard to tell who will be given opportunities in the new landscape, so these predictions are playing it safe.

It's hard to tell who will be given opportunities in the new landscape, so these predictions are playing it safe.

Thinking in absolutes here but I see two possible mission statements of the current administration:

A) Fights that make sense, or B) fights that make money

Lots of overlap but again in absolute terms, which do you see taking shape in 2017? Honest question.

Thinking in absolutes here but I see two possible mission statements of the current administration:

A) Fights that make sense, or B) fights that make money

Lots of overlap but again in absolute terms, which do you see taking shape in 2017? Honest question.

It's all about the Benjamin's now. If it makes sense competitively that's just a bonus. Not what I would prefer but they are chasing the causal fan's dollar. The causal's don't understand mma, so the game is driven with names and dramatic story lines.

It will be the year of the grapplers; jacare, khabib, maia FTW

He who underestimates his opponent, overestimates himself, no?

<mma4>

A Bones-Rumble bout is fascinating to me as a fight fan in part for reasons above. I need see that.

This is by far my absolute dream match of current UFC fighters. Always wondered how Jones would deal with one of those Rumble bombs. I can picture all of the top LHW's having some success at HW, especially Jones. At the least it would be absolutely stunning to watch.

Anyways, have a nice Christmas, brother!

FyW- DJ

BW-Cruz

FW- Aldo

LW-Khabib

WW-Wonderboy

MW-Jacare

LHW-Anthony Johnson

HW-JDS

HW: Struve (yes, Struve, quote me later)
LHW: Jones
MW: Jacare
WW: Thompson
LW: Tony or Conor
FW: Holloway
BW: Cruz
FLW: DJ
WFW: Holly
WBW: Nunes
WSW: JJ

HW: Struve (yes, Struve, quote me later)
LHW: Jones
MW: Jacare
WW: Thompson
LW: Tony or Conor
FW: Holloway
BW: Cruz
FLW: DJ
WFW: Holly
WBW: Nunes
WSW: JJ

Nuke, your thoughts on HW. Hit me.

It will be the year of the grapplers; jacare, khabib, maia FTW
Nice. My reason for the poll fell exactly on Maia and Khabib; Jacaré just adds to that line of thought. When grapplers can take it to that level, they become a huge problem to deal with. These guys are willing to eat some strikes to get in on you so strikers of 2017 beware.

FyW- TJ Dillashaw

BW-
TJ Dillashaw

FW-
Conor

LW-
Conor

WW-
Conor

MW-
Luke Rockhold

LHW-