Chageav/Valuev Rematch Set for May 31

bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
Just what we have all been waiting for, a rematch of the 2 hairest fighters. As the champ, Chageav gets 75% of the purse. So who saw the first bout? Can Chageav chop down the giant again?

At today's WBA purse bid in Panama, Universum Box-Promotion won the right to promote the much anticipated rematch between WBA heavyweight champion Ruslan Chagaev and seven-foot former champion Nikolai Valuev. Universum's bid of $4,354,840 outdistanced Sauerland Event ($3,541,021) and Don King Productions ($3,000,000). The bout is scheduled for May 31 and will take place at a venue to be named in Germany. fightnews.com

Chagaev actually impresses me, I'd rather see him against someone else.

I saw the first fight, I suspect that the second will be like the first, with the same result.

the good news is ruiz will get the winner, and huggy pimp smack him to defeat.

the good news is ruiz will get the winner, and huggy pimp smack him to defeat.

if this happens i hope its not as bad as his fight with kirk johnson' years later its still fresh in my mind how aweful that was

It's possible Valuev could take this even though Chagaev soundly outboxed the giant in the first go around. Chagaev looked like garbage in his last outing, Valuev looked noticeably improved in shutting out the White Wolf. Shouldn't be a bad fight really...

Back